Morbido's VCI-300 tsi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Morbido's VCI-300 tsi

I didn't actually plan to put it online yet (because the tsi is only very basic by now and I don't have the time right now to complete it), but I think it might be a good idea though to have it online, so every can contribute his changes/ideas to the mapping...

Morbido's 300 Mapping:

There are some "prerequisites" for the mapping:
    - You have to have both FX-decks set to chained
    - You have to have your tracks beatgridded in order to control them with my mapping, i have no support for scratching, pitchbending and whatsoever built in
    - I think you have to use the mini.translator to make the tsi work (you'll have to use it anyways until NI adds native 14-bit midi support)

Browsing Tracks:
    To browse tracks and load them just use the browsing wheel (like in itch) - select your track with up and down, to load it into left deck press back (left), to load into right deck press fwd (right). press scroll (the button underneath the wheel) to jump to the tree on the left side of traktor. the button in the middle resets played state (i can't prelisten to any of the tracks, so i often load the track into one deck but then play another, so i easily get confused of what i already played).

Standard Functions:
    PFL A and PFL B just selects cueing for your headphones.
    EQ knobs are use for EQing.
    Autoloop engages a loop, half and double controls the length of the loop.
    The trim knob engages the filter in the mixer section of traktor pro (you have to have it enabled to work properly).
    Crossfader and the CUE buttons (next to play buttons) work as expected.
    Auto Temp/Sync engages Sync in Traktor.

Normal and FX-Mode:
    For the jogs, line faders and pitch bends there are 2 modes:
    If the KeyLock Button is highlighted these controls are in fx-mode, if not they are in normal mode.
    In normal mode the jog is used to search through tracks and the line fader adjusts the volume of the track.
    In fx-mode the pitch bend controls the first effect in the fx deck (left pitch for left fx-deck, right pitch for right fx-deck), the jog-wheel controls the second effect, the line fader controls the third effect.
    The fx-mode gets turned on and off as you hit the play button. If you want to manually engage/disengage it you just have to press the KeyLock button.
    If you want to assign the fx-decks to a deck you have to toggle the "scratch" and "shift" buttons, each of them enables/disables the left/right fx-deck.

Hotcues:
    The cue buttons are used for cue points, where:
    - CUE1 engages first cue point
    - CUE2 engages second cue point
    - CUE 3 engages third cue point
    - OUT1 engages fourth cue point
    - OUT2 engages fifth cue point
    - OUT3 engages sixth cue point

Edit Mode:
    If you press the "censor" button you will get into edit mode (you can beatgrid your tracks in this mode):
    If you now press CUE1 you set a Gridmarker
    If you press OUT1 you set a new cue point
    If you press CUE2/OUT2 you can change the tempo of the song
    With CUE3/OUT3 you can move the Gridmarker
    If you press KeyLock while you're in edit mode you engage/disengage the lock of the beatgrid

What will be done next:
    I didn't map the CRATES, FILES and BROWSE buttons, I plan on using these with modifiers to toggle different performance modes. I plan to e.g. use the CRATES button for my mapping, the FILES mapping for a standard turntable style mapping (pitchbend, pitchshift, scratch with jogs) and maybe the BROWSE button for a more controllerism style mapping. If you have any other ideas on that, I would be glad to hear about them!
    What I also planned is to make a short little introductory video for the mapping (like ClaudeK did, that's a really nice idea) so that everybody can watch it to get comfortable with it (I'm afraid that reading this long post won't do that).

Well... I guess that's all... If you have any questions feel free to ask!

If you have ideas for the mapping or want to contribute changes to the mapping just reply to this thread - it would be nice to have some kind of community built mapping!
    Also I would be glad about any feedback you can give!
    Last edited by Morbido; 01-07-2009 at 12:35 PM.

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Guru

cool..check it out..
    the 300/TPRo TSI's expand!!

yeah, I'm pleased to see it's going forward

as you did a mapping yourself, maybe you could take a look at my tsi - I'm sure you have plenty of feedback to give!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

Wish i could try it, mine is broke and i've send it back

just try it when you get yours back

actually I need to examine if I should send mine back too, it hasn't got any real "errors", but sometimes when I move the left jog wheel it drops down a few values, so if I use the jog for engaging a effect and I move it from zero then it goes for example 0...1...2...3...etc->.....20...21...5...6...7...8...9.....
    it's not a real dealbreaker for me (it could also be that this comes from the mini.translator, but I'm not sure) but under circumstances it can be a pain...

did you send yours to your retailer or to Vestax directly?
    do you know how long you have to wait for it to get returned to you?

Then i would wait for the 1.0.3 update with 14bit support so that you can test without mini.translator.
    I need to send it back to the retailer because they've got it not from the vestax distributor overhere but from a other country...
    Dont know yet but think it will take at least 3 weeks.

that's not very nice... I don't know if i would survive 3 weeks without my 300

that's a good idea, I hope 1.0.3 won't take too long, if it still has the fault then I'm going to return it...

hahaha you gave in! Looks like a lot of fun, I'm going to try it out
    Setup: VCI-300, Black Macbook 2.4ghz Dual core, 4gb Ram, Traktor Pro/ Serato Itch, Telephone Headphones.

yep, i gave in
    but don't make me responsible if the mapping is complete crap

or damages your controller or computer in anyway ;]
    Setup: VCI-300, Black Macbook 2.4ghz Dual core, 4gb Ram, Traktor Pro/ Serato Itch, Telephone Headphones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast