so im fucked arent i? NI registration problems with used copy of traktor duo

Default so im fucked arent i? NI registration problems with used copy of traktor duo

bought an audio 4/traktor duo combo for cheap from a pawn shop, im trying to get it activated and apparently the original owner never deactivated. i jsut opened up a support claim with NI and contacted the shop. while i wait on word from the 2 anyone have any experience with this? am i just shit out of luck?

if the shop knows the owner and can contact him, he just has to write an email to dsactivate it.

otherwise i guess you're srewed..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

I made the mistake of buying a audio 8 without the TSP license..finally found someone willing to sell me their license of TS Duo..just in time for the upgrade..

Long story short..you screwed...but it isn't too hard to find people selling licenses on the forum.
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

You're definitely not screwed. NI aren't allowed to interfere with the second-hand market under German law, so they're obliged to come up with a solution regardless.

Additionally, you can return Traktor to the pawn shop for a full refund: as necessary, in most of the world.

yeah, pawn shop says they have no means of contacting the original owner, and NI sent an email to the registered user hopefully he fills out the transfer of ownership.
    i mean i bought the sound card really to use it for ableton/maschine, traktor was just an added bonus.

There is a standard form that needs to be filled out and scanned/faxed back to NI by the current registered owner.

I am selling my copy of TPro so I just had to go through all of this.

Good luck!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If it's stolen you should be able to get your money back from the pawn shop get the police involved. You may be able to get your money back.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I doubt its stolen, I dont think someones going to lift an audio 4 from someone at a venue in the original box with all the included scraps of paper and bs

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    I doubt its stolen, I dont think someones going to lift an audio 4 from someone at a venue in the original box with all the included scraps of paper and bs
    You have a point, hopefully you get it worked out.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You have a point, hopefully you get it worked out.
    Ha oh the joys of buying used software...