My best Electro House mix ever (Club Demo)
    Tech Wizard

Default My best Electro House mix ever (Club Demo)

Made this for a club demo. Starts electro, touches on dubby and hip hop, and finishes with some high energy progressive.

Enjoy!

Very awesome Mucho Respecto

Tech Wizard

Hey thanks a lot man! I need to make a trip down to Austin stat, I'm in San Angelo

Tech Wizard

nice bro im diggin this!

Tech Convert

+1 Nice mix

Tech Student

great mix mate loving the vocal mixing something I struggle to do personally

Tech Wizard

thanks man! i'm using the S4 right now and the trick i use is to always have 2 to 16 or 32 bar beats constantly rolling in the sample decks so i can bring them in to kind of 'buy time' during transitions. i also use the beat skip knob set to 16 or 32 as a great 'hindsight' tool when i realize something would have made a great loop haha

with my loops in the sample deck, i like to use two different takes of the same song, with one loop more 'built' than the other, so for example, the first bar of a song, then the 3rd when all the perc is in but it doesn't have much of a melody formed. that way i can artificially build and deconstruct tracks when i feel the need.
    Last edited by Slater; 03-11-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    thanks man! i'm using the S4 right now and the trick i use is to always have 2 to 16 or 32 bar beats constantly rolling in the sample decks so i can bring them in to kind of 'buy time' during transitions. i also use the beat skip knob set to 16 or 32 as a great 'hindsight' tool when i realize something would have made a great loop haha

with my loops in the sample deck, i like to use two different takes of the same song, with one loop more 'built' than the other, so for example, the first bar of a song, then the 3rd when all the perc is in but it doesn't have much of a melody formed. that way i can artificially build and deconstruct tracks when i feel the need.
    GREAT Tips. I never thought about the beat skip idea. Thanks for that.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Student

Thanks for the advice man. Im stuck with traktor pro just now so may need to wait for traktor 2 think i might give it a try just running a loop on deck C or D.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hendo1992 View Post
    Thanks for the advice man. Im stuck with traktor pro just now so may need to wait for traktor 2 think i might give it a try just running a loop on deck C or D.
    Actually that's what I did all the way up until I got the S4 a few weeks ago I would just set my loops 16 before the beat would build, loop the first 8, then play through the the build + perc add in to shape the songs with C and D. It's kind of tricky on a VCI100 though so I would only do it if I had 0 alch in me or I was doing. Nothing worse than mixing with A and B thinking you're doing C and D and stopping a main track dead haha