how does one mix dubstep? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Those songs make me want to fucking cry.

Tech Mentor

just grabbed whats was in the top 5, dont wanna track unit untill i have the mixing down 100%
    First Mix, have a listen you know you want to
    http://soundcloud.com/mattybruce/spr...-daddy-mixtape

This is art man, there's no such thing as 100%!

ok, uh.... lets see

- With dubstep and i meant to be doing this?
    im not entierly sure what you mean, but the 'meat' of the 2 songs shouldnt over lap unless your trying a double drop, and if they clash dont do it

if you read my guide, you should generally just mix intros and breakdowns with eachother.

- Do massive bass changes of bass change out leaving no bass and let the tracks build up then cut out the outro when the bass is about to come in?
    like i said, the meat shouldnt overlap, so playing with the bass on the eq should rarely if ever happen.

generally, the only time you use the eq is if the hi hats or snares sound god awful and busy with each other.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    ok, uh.... lets see

- With dubstep and i meant to be doing this?
    im not entierly sure what you mean, but the 'meat' of the 2 songs shouldnt over lap unless your trying a double drop, and if they clash dont do it

generally, the only time you use the eq is if the hi hats or snares sound god awful and busy with each other.
    It may be just because I go for deeper, wobble free nonsense but I have to disagree with you here.

It's allllll about the EQ and long mixes, yo!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    They are 140. People just think they are 70 for some reason.

What kind of dubstep are you after? It's a fairly diverse genre. To be honest you should be discovering and building your own collection dude.

The drum beat in most dubstep is 70 but everything else is at 140. So yes they are all 140 just software gets confused cuz it see's the drumbeat is 70

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    The drum beat in most dubstep is 70 but everything else is at 140. So yes they are all 140 just software gets confused cuz it see's the drumbeat is 70
    I think that traktor always assigns bpm to the lowest possible value in the set range.

Tech Guru

no it assisgns it to the value the alogrythm that determins bpm thinks it is.

this gets alot of its date from the peaks in the lower range. ie the kick drum. As dubstep only has a kick drum every other beat it thinks its 70 rather than 140. Its just maths at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    no it assisgns it to the value the alogrythm that determins bpm thinks it is.

this gets alot of its date from the peaks in the lower range. ie the kick drum. As dubstep only has a kick drum every other beat it thinks its 70 rather than 140. Its just maths at the end of the day.
    I've never, ever had a track that didn't get registered at the lowest possible range. Even a boring hardtek piece that is 90% 4/4 kickdrums at 220 bpm was registered to 110bpm. Kinda strange since it would mean that there is a kickdrum on every off beat.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    - Do massive bass changes of bass change out leaving no bass and let the tracks build up then cut out the outro when the bass is about to come in?
    Watch out for the Sucker Punch...

------=== ===------

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast