[Kind of OT] M-Audio Axiom Pro 49
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [Kind of OT] M-Audio Axiom Pro 49

I know that I've posted a thread before on comparing MIDI keyboard controllers, but I'm just trying to get the best hardware so that I don't have to worry about replacing it before it should need to be replaced. I understand that the M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 is pretty much the best MIDI keyboard controller out there, I was wondering if anyone has any real life experience with this controller that would benefit my choice (pushing me away/towards this controller.) Any experience or input is greatly appreciated and I hope anyone who can reply will. Thanks in advance!
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

The encoders click. I'm not sure why I that bothers me so much but it does.

Best you can buy for the money, but get the first gen, not the new revised version.

What's the difference?

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm gonna head out to guitar center tomorrow to really give it a beating, so if I can find the first gen, I will definitely try to get that one. Clicking encoders isn't really a worry of mine, but thanks for the heads up. I'm really excited to see what I can get from this, thanks for both of your input.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

OLD: Has number keypad! Very handy in switching patches.

NEW: No keypad.

Man. What a con. It's like the akai mpd24/akai mpd26 and their "upgrade" having less pots.

Still, those faders look a little nicer.

I have no experience with either version, but I believe the Axiom requires you map each fader/pot/etc. individually via MIDI CC. Whereas, the Axiom Pro uses HyperControl to automatically map everything. Basically, the Axiom Pro acts as a control surface as compared to a controller.

So basically, you're paying for a pretty substantial software upgrade. All the people I know with the Axiom Pro say they'd never go back to the original Axiom.

Hope this helped at least a little!
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

True, everything you said is true, but for what you will spend for a pro, you could run two regular Axioms. I only mention this as I would have no fears gigging with a regular Axiom and if something happened to it, no biggie. I can pick up the older first rev versions off of Craig's list for $150.00.

While i have no experience with the above the revised version looks so much more badass:P
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast