Juno and Beatport vs other music sites
    sebastiannz

Default Juno and Beatport vs other music sites

Hey guys, got a question for ya, welcome comments.

At the moment I spend my 'digging' time going through Beatport, Junodownload and Soundcloud. I don't really look at any other sites because I don't have time. I spend probably..1 hour a day looking for good new tunes. I'm wondering if I'm missing out on a lot of cool tunes because i'm just using these two main sites. My guess would be 90% of the good tunes are always going to be on Beatport or Juno so I'm not too worried. Thought I'd see if the producers on this forum know if there are any good producers who choose not to use the two big main sites. Anyone know? Guess I'm looking for reassurance more than anything else =)

Cheers

Tech Mentor

Whatpeopleplay has a bunch of exclusives (mostly stuff that's distributed by wordandsound, I assume) and is A LOT cheaper** than Beatport and Junodownload.

Of course, stuff that's released by majors is traditionally not found on the DJ-centric sites (but often available on iTunes, Amazon MP3, or 7digital). However, that's about to change. E.g., Beatport recently entered their first license agreement with a major (EMI, that is).

---
    ** at least for those based in Euroland
    Last edited by itskindahot; 03-11-2011 at 04:13 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think, but I'm not sure, that producers get better pay from Beatport than from iTunes or Amazon.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x