new VCI-100 SE problems.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

how do i buy traktor pro? the NI website keeps leading me to traktor pro 2 but thats out april 1st

SORRY BUT THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS!!! THERE is no way i can pruchase and download traktor pro 1 online? I cant set up my VCI with the trial of Traktor Pro so i have to wait until APRIL 1st FOR TRAKTOR PRO 2?!

Is there even a mapping made for traktor pro 2??

There must be SOME WAY i can use my VCI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the Traktor 1 demo can't import a tsi no?

http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...prodemoversion

I would never suggest using torrents ordinarily but in this case you may have been backed into a corner... You can use a torrent as a stop gap then uninstall and buy legit when they release tpro 2. DJTT have said there will be a mapping for tpro 2

You need 1.2.7. tpro 1 for now
    Last edited by MaxOne; 03-13-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

its so strange... ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the demo multiple times, still the same problem

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Have you tried contacting NI support? All you need is a serial number to plug into the demo and it turns into Tpro.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

You mean the serial key on the back of the Traktor LE CD that comes with the VCI? Because ive entered the serial key on the back of the Traktor LE CD case. When i click on the little NI symbol at the top of the traktor software it says: FULL VERSION - 1.2.7

But surely the trial / FULL LE version should be able to import the TSI file?

Or do i need a key from an official Traktor Pro software box to be able to import?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDodger View Post

But surely the trial / FULL LE version should be able to import the TSI file?
    Forget LE, it won't work

This is from the store page: http://store.djtechtools.com/products/vci-100se

Q) Does it come with Traktor Pro?
    A) No, it ships with Traktor LE which can be upgrade to PRO for only $139. You do need to own Traktor 3 or Pro to take advantage of our custom mappings.

Are you saying you have tried purchasing tpro through the LE interface and it won't let you?

Have you tried dling the tpro demo via the NI website and then trying to purchase it?

i would hold out for tpro 2 if it means paying twice.
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    So the Traktor 1 demo can't import a tsi no?

http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...prodemoversion

I would never suggest using torrents ordinarily but in this case you may have been backed into a corner... You can use a torrent as a stop gap then uninstall and buy legit when they release tpro 2. DJTT have said there will be a mapping for tpro 2

You need 1.2.7. tpro 1 for now
    I'm inclined to agree... There is no way you can currently buy either TP1 or TP2 so you might have no option. On the other hand it's only 2 weeks til the release of TP2 now.

and as Maxone also said, you can forget loading a tsi into LE because it doesn't work. The idea of LE is to be a teaser so you want to buy the full product, what would be the point if it had all the functionality of pro!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Thanks for ur help and patience guys, i guess im going to have to wait for pro 2.

I just dont see the logic in sending people software that is not compatible with the VCI? Its sort of like someone ordering a car but having it arrive with keys for a bike.. Lol

Anyways thanks for the help!

Not really, you can manually map traktor le to work with the VCI at a basic level, but to import the TSI and maximise the controller to its full you need tpro.

Almost all midi controllers ship with Traktor LE or Ableton LE. The expectation is always that you need to then upgrade the software to pro.

You just happen to be in that unfortunate position of being in between a major software update.

As I said, maybe DL a torrent of Tpro 1 as a stop gap then when Tpro2 comes out then buy it legit via upgrading from the LE or from the demo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast