Uplifting Jazz-Funk Sample Beat

Question Uplifting Jazz-Funk Sample Beat

Decided to do another "uplifting" beat. Let me know how the drums are sounding cause I'm still working on getting 'em right!

http://www.AfterTouchBeatz.com

(Song should start automatically)

Tech Guru

I don't get it, you're working on getting them right... And yet you're selling them? You are willingly selling music thats not finished?

You sir, are a scam artist.

Also, Motowns biggest secret was that they layered the drums on themselves several times, because back then they where hard to record. So use decent-ish drums, then layer the shit out of them, then EQ them as a group. This was done for practically EVERY famous motown/disco/funk track

scram artist? seems a little harsh

the beat itself is finished, you can never have a perfect mix so it'd be impossible to post anything that didn't still need improvements. what i meant is i'm trying to focus on my drum work so i can use it towards my next beats. i can't learn every aspect of mixing before i start trying to do anything with my music, you learn as you go; so yeah i'm selling stuff that might not have the perfect mix but i wasn't necessarily saying "let me know how the drums are cause i know there's something wrong with these ones and i'm gonna go back and change them", i meant "in every track i'm making i'm trying to get my beats to kick harder and harder so let me know how it's coming along"

Tech Guru

Sorry, my message was meant to have a sarcastic tone to it. No offense intended haha.

But yeah, disregarding the boundaries of text based conversation, the advice I gave still stands for the drum lines with kind of music you're making!

And you can have a perfect mix.... Look at Justin Beiber!

haha for sure man, it's all good