Vestax VCI 100 and netbook
    Tech Convert

Default Vestax VCI 100 and netbook

Hello to everyone!!
    I own a Vestax VCI 100 midi controller and i use it with Traktor Pro 3.3.
    Since i have some spaces problems and i need to stay outside almost every day,i want to know if all my equipments could work on a netbook.
    I'm going to buy:
    Acer Aspire One D255
    Intel Taom N450, 1.6 GHz, 1GB Ram

Tanks

Tech Guru

i've used a netbook before and it works.....but 1g of ram and the slow processor take forever to analyze tracks. I think for the price you could probably get a refurbed laptop straight from Dell that would have just a tad more juice.

The netbooks work, but I wouldn't use it as my primary machine.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    i've used a netbook before and it works.....but 1g of ram and the slow processor take forever to analyze tracks. I think for the price you could probably get a refurbed laptop straight from Dell that would have just a tad more juice.

The netbooks work, but I wouldn't use it as my primary machine.
    Thank you for answering
    At the moment i have a 2 GHz processor with a ram of 512KB and it's very old. I don't use it every day, but sometimes i do. It takes a bit to analyze tracks but this isn't a problem for me. The problem is that i can't mix with my vestax because it's too slow and i'm not able to match two songs. I want to know: if i bought that netbook, may i have the same problem?
    I could spend 170 euro for that netbook,that's why i want to buy it and it certainly won't be my first machine...i have other 2 pc, but if traktor and vestax work well it will be really easy to move from disco to disco....

Tech Convert

I don't believe nobody has tried a netbook.....

Smile it works... but only with controllers

I run traktor le on my netbook and it works fine. just make sure to have a clean install of the os (preferably xp) so that the stock bloatware on the factory install doesn't bog down the system. btw, the latency required for it to run smoothly is a bit high, so dvs is out of the question. Controllers should work fine. (also, use asio drivers)

Tech Guru

Oh i should also mention. I use a Dell Mini 10v running OS X Snow Leopard.

If I were to make it run a little faster I may bump up the RAM o 2gigs.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    I run traktor le on my netbook and it works fine. just make sure to have a clean install of the os (preferably xp) so that the stock bloatware on the factory install doesn't bog down the system. btw, the latency required for it to run smoothly is a bit high, so dvs is out of the question. Controllers should work fine. (also, use asio drivers)
    So I can be quite sure that if i bought a netbook, it'll work fine with my vestax controller!!??