Traktor as external effects unit?

Default Traktor as external effects unit?

Hi all,

Like the title says can traktor be used as an external effects unit?
    So, can i use traktor like an efx100 and use my soundcard ESI-U46 dj for send return purposes on my mixer (Behringer djx700). THis would be great because i like to mix on vinyl from time to time and traktor would make an excellent effects unit with my x1's.

Thanks in advance.
    Traktor pro2.0.1. kontrol x1 lpd8 q25 ESIU46 Ableton
    Fl studio Rockit 5's Korg Kaossilator

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djtsccbs

In theory - yes. But if you're gonna do that, Ableton Live is a MUCH better effects unit. Live's internal/external routing allows for an unbelievable effects unit to be created.

The problem is - the effects unit (Traktor or Ableton) has to be sync'd to the audio source in order for beat sync'd effects to work. This is not easy. Doing it manually is possible - but it's a PITA.

If you manage to get this working do let me know.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    In theory - yes. But if you're gonna do that, Ableton Live is a MUCH better effects unit. Live's internal/external routing allows for an unbelievable effects unit to be created.

The problem is - the effects unit (Traktor or Ableton) has to be sync'd to the audio source in order for beat sync'd effects to work. This is not easy. Doing it manually is possible - but it's a PITA.

If you manage to get this working do let me know.
    Thanks for the reply will let you know if i manage.
    Traktor pro2.0.1. kontrol x1 lpd8 q25 ESIU46 Ableton
    Fl studio Rockit 5's Korg Kaossilator

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djtsccbs

I double what he said... Although Reaktor might also be worth a shot (it's a bit more lightweight).
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

You can have a look at this new DJ effect software which does exactly what you want. It can be used with an external DJ gear or with any DJ mix software. You can add multiple effects to the music in real time.

Looks interesting. Tell me more.

EDIT: Looks VERY interesting... Would be absolutely AWESOME if this thing could host VST effects too.

If this can't be controlled by MIDI you guys have FAILED big time.
    Last edited by Buffalo Ill; 03-16-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Ill View Post
    Looks interesting. Tell me more.

EDIT: Looks VERY interesting... Would be absolutely AWESOME if this thing could host VST effects too.

If this can't be controlled by MIDI you guys have FAILED big time.
    There will be two releases of this software. The pro version will include both MIDI and VST effect support.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

will it have independent channels or is it just an overall master effect (4 indepenedent stereo in/out would be really nice) .. oh and a Mac version? :P

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    will it have independent channels or is it just an overall master effect (4 indepenedent stereo in/out would be really nice) .. oh and a Mac version? :P
    It will have two independent channels. You can add effects to any channel independently but - if you want - you can set any channel as "master effect channel". If you select channel "A" to be master effect channel, the effects of channel "A" will be applied to the audio of channel "B" too. You can switch this function on/off any time.

Currently this software is only for PC Windows but we are planning to make it for Mac too. Sorry Mac users but I'm afraid you have to wait some time before we finish the Mac version.