why do you have to torrent if you want high quality music
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default why do you have to torrent if you want high quality music

I have been trying to find lossless music on the internet to buy with 24 bit audio not 18 bit like on cd. As traktor does do 24 bit audio. The only people offering this quality are torrent site y wont the big companies acually release these files for sale

R.I.P Oink.cd

Tech Mentor

You sure it's genuine 24/48 stuff and not something some kid upsampled, "to improve quality?"

CD is 16, not 18 bit resolution btw.

I'm sure that's exactly what was happening on Oink. I doubt these kids on Oink were getting the raw tracks from the producers.

yeah, most of the time torrents say one thing. but it really is the complete opposite.... at least in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Guru

sorry about the typo. Yea alot of it was stuff released by groups themselfs nine inch nails publicly admitted to putting up raw files of there tracks. Many albums where pre release.

Many artists dont care as they are generally getting between 5% and 10% of the revenue from sales record company and shops looking at about 45% each.

There was also strict rules on transcoded files. People would be banned if they put anything like that on there knowingly or unknowingly. Many cd's you buy have been transcoded reducing quality.

How's this for an idea start a website that is all about artists so anyone can make a page to sell there music from it. they make an agreement not to sell there music else where they get 92% I take 8% make a nice media platform like itunes to sell it from.

just need some1 with alot of money to back it advertising wise I rekon if done well in ten years could revolutionise the way music is distributed

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    Yea alot of it was stuff released by groups themselfs nine inch nails publicly admitted to putting up raw files of there tracks. Many albums where pre release.
    Trent Reznor was the only artist that I heard was openly using Oink. Do you know of anyone else?

Tech Guru

I do however this is a very sensitive subject for alot of people. Alot of the main guys where working in studios or other jobs inside the companies this is how the site got its notoriety for pre release music.

There has also been remours of record companies leaking albums to get them in the news.

There are SOME cds with 24bit audio but I found those to be ambient sounds cds or the CDs they sell in a outdoors store(Camping, fishing, hunting) and nothing really worth while. Also I would be highly skeptical about 24bit dance music in a torrent. Also I did a test myself with a website designed for hearing the difference between the different samples and after downloading the 2 tracks for 16bit and 24bit I heard no difference at all except my crying over file size
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Guru

what sound system where u listening to them on. if your system has cost less than 3grand forget it.

I know this doesnt matter for 90% of clubs. As most of them thrash there systems and are in rooms that destroy the sound anyway. there is a few clubs near me with very good systems in

Funktion1 = Lossless only
    Anything else = mp3 320
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast