Vci-100 Up Fader
    Tech Wizard

Default Vci-100 Up Fader

So my up fader on my vci-100 is goin out . when its at the top of the channel traktor fader goes to the top then suddenly jumps to the middle.It must have a slight bend in the vci connection, cause the software can't determine if its at the top or middle.It still works fine, i just cant push on the fader to the top to hard or traktors mixer's up fader drops back down to the middle

is there some thing at all to fix my controller so that traktor can read it right
    Last edited by ermac4482; 01-08-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Just curious, in your .TSI what type of controller is selected for the fader?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Just curious, in your .TSI what type of controller is selected for the fader?

umm im not at home right now ,,, & not to sure what that means but im sure its a vci-100 selected all the way,,,, i think its the acatual vci-100 up fader needs to be replaced. its must be bent a little cause if i press up on it when it all the way at the top it cuts out then traktors mixer jumps to the middle. I have the same problem with regualr mixers.. i think it slighlty bent ,, its not real bad ,, i can still use it but i want it fixed

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

no no, not what I mean.

In your .TSI file you can select the kind of controller (Jog Wheel, Analog Knob/Fader, Relative Knob, etc. etc. etc.). I want to know what control attribute is selected for that entry in the .TSI.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I've had problems with my fader before. It was after some beer got into my vci! :S If I moved the fader all the way to the top Traktor would think it was at the BOTTOM, not very good.... If I tried to slam that fader up to the top, the track would cut out altogether lol.

Anyway, I fixed it by spraying a load of WD40 into the fader. wiggled it up and down a bit. picked up and tilted the vci (over an old cloth) to let the excess drip out. Then, after leaving it for 5-10mins I kept working the fadrer back and forth to clear any residue or dirt and soon enough - it was working again! woop

So it might just be a dirty connection inside

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rjw View Post
    I've had problems with my fader before. It was after some beer got into my vci! :S If I moved the fader all the way to the top Traktor would think it was at the BOTTOM, not very good.... If I tried to slam that fader up to the top, the track would cut out altogether lol.

Anyway, I fixed it by spraying a load of WD40 into the fader. wiggled it up and down a bit. picked up and tilted the vci (over an old cloth) to let the excess drip out. Then, after leaving it for 5-10mins I kept working the fadrer back and forth to clear any residue or dirt and soon enough - it was working again! woop

ok i think your on to something ,,, but im kind of scared to spray wd40 into it ,,,you said that you sprayed in the where the up fader went up and down ,,, then turned the vci-100 up side down and let it drip out ,,& wiggled the fader around ,,,,,do i have that right

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rjw View Post

It was most definitely some dirt in the fader itself. Glad to hear its working again, but I would never use WD-40. Ideally, you should open up the fader (if thats even possible with these fader) and wipe it down with a strong alcohol, then apply a silicone based lubricant.