neat little program I found

Default neat little program I found

Here's a cool little program that was made for Serato, but works fine with Traktor too. it's called Speed Booster, and I'll give a little excerpt from the author of the program.

I have created an application to speed up beats in Serato (it probably works in Traktor too). I originally did it for myself, but since XXX's Speed Booster got some popularity I thought some people would find it useful too.

Downloads (only for mac right now), videos, screenshots and info in

http://www.byowaves.com/SpeedBooster/

If enough people request a windows version here, I will make the release for windows too.

More info:

Byone’s Speed booster is an automatic pitch shifter for Serato Scratch Live (also works with any software that accepts MIDI input).

This application is made for DJs who are practicing scratch techniques and want to improve their speed. The user specifies a start pitch, an end pitch, and how much time they want Serato to transition from start to end.
    Works fine with Traktor too, just do a little midi setup.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

took me a minute to realize what its for.

im sure thats a good tool for the scratch djs!
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I like that.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I'm working with the author on implementing some things that would make this a more useful tool for things other then scratch practice.

Basically this is the functionality currently. Once setup you mark beginning tempo, end tempo, and a time. When you hit the button it begins sending midi which takes over tempo control and moves from your start setting to the end setting over the corse of the time you set, which currently the minimum time is 1 minute.

Currently when you touch the faders in the program it will screw with the tempo your deck is playing at while you set it, which is ok for practice, but rules this out of most live application. Plus with a minimum time of 1 minute this also limits any live application. I've asked the author to try and add in a "suspend midi" control for setting up the tempos and for some time increments that are lower then 1 minute. He said he'll try to implement this for the next version.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol