Question: Traktor LE trouble, help plz
    Tech Wizard

Default Question: Traktor LE trouble, help plz

OK so I just got my new VCI-100 in the mail this morning (I'm new to this thing...) and installed the Traktor LE software that is supplied by Vestex. I didn't have any trouble w/ installation...

BUT even tho it recognizes the VCI-100 as the MIDI controller, when I use controls on the VCI it does not perform the corresponding function in Traktor LE (i.e. when I move the crossfader on the VCI, the crossfader in Traktor does not move)

also, im having issues playing tracks in either deck. After I drag and drop a track into either deck A or deck B, when I click the play button in Traktor the track doesnt play. also ont allow me to navigate through the track by dragging the wave...

I should also mention I'm running it on Mac OSX

Any ideas? I didn't try to trouble shoot this one for very long, so maybe I'm missing something obvious?
    [mike.frank]

You need to open the right TKS file for the VCI-100 - it should be in the tks directory.

Just go into the midi mappings menu and click load, then open the vci-100 tks file from there.

Tech Wizard

^cool, thanks. i think i just need to get more familiar with the navigation of Traktor

BUT anyone else have any idea why i cant even get a track to play on either deck?
    [mike.frank]

Have you selected your soundcard in the soundcard menu ? - id recommend reading the manual it will help you alot betting setup and familiarised with the interface.

Tech Wizard

^no manual was provided :-P

i'll try to dig up a pdf file for it right now, that will more than likely come in handy
    [mike.frank]

Tech Wizard

found the location to the Tech Manual... i would assume if i dont have the soundcard set up for the master output it wont allow the tracks to play... this sound reasonable?

also, do i NEED an external sound card in order to get started? like i said, i'm completely new to this stuff...
    [mike.frank]

Quote Originally Posted by maf940 View Post
    ^no manual was provided :-P

i'll try to dig up a pdf file for it right now, that will more than likely come in handy
    Press help then open manual.

You dont need an external soundcard to start with but it will allow you to cue audio when you do get one.

Ie be able to listen to the track that isnt playing on the speakers so you can prepare the track to be brought into the mix.

Tech Wizard

^ yeah i realized after a little research that the external soundcard will b necessary for gigs to seperate the master output to the PA system from the monitor signal ie headphones, in order to mix the next track - as you said. probably wont be a personal necessity for a couple months until i get the hang of this thing

thanks for the help BentoSan!
    [mike.frank]