Traktor Pro - Extra Noise Issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro - Extra Noise Issue

another noob question. teach me the way!

out of all my DJ software, only Traktor gives me an issue with extra noise. it kinda sounds like a speaker does when it's blown, slightly distorted with a crackling type noise.

however, i can assure you they're not. cuz, nothing else causes this and i crank em a lot higher with other programs and get no problem.

any suggestions? thanks!!

pc specs:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 5000+ 2.61Ghz
    4GB Ram
    Vista 32 bit
    ASUS M3A78 Pro Motherboard (onboard audio)

you might have the exact same problem as i did few weeks back:

you need thingy called ground loops isolator, because the noise you hear is most likely influenced by electric power - just to check: if it is that way, the noise dissapears when you play from your battery without the main power cable plugged in.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

off topic question...but doesnt vista 32bit not have the capacity to utilize the full 4gb of ram that you have?

ohk, I've got that little bit of noise when my laptop is plugged in, and it disappears when I unplug it, it's not that big a deal, but I would like to figure out how to make it go away.
    On occasion, I will get a really loud disruptive crackly broken speaker sound, that only goes away if I quit and restart traktor. What needs to be done to fix that horrible sound? I'm terrified that it'll happen in the middle of a set one day.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

That's a battery issue, PiBurr. You need to change the power settings to run only off of the cord, and not the battery. I can't remember the setting cause I changed it SO long ago, but there should be a thread or something on the Native Instruments board.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Zeizir i think your having latency issues, try increasing your latency - if that doesnt work try decreasing your latency - if that doesnt work try asio4all drivers.

It could also be a bug in Traktor Pro 1.0.1. I get this sometimes on a track I'm trying to mix in. It goes away as soon as I stop the playing track.

From what I understand they've fixed this in 1.0.2, but I just haven't upgraded yet.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Default Problem Solved!!

thanks again for your help fellas! i do appreciate it.

BentoSan suggested i may be having latency issues. from there, it got me to Google-ing "latency traktor pro".

apparently this fix is by muting the Windows sounds. i found the answer by accident here.

awesome! i'm finally in business. now...the fun part! learning my new Vestax VCI-100!

thanks again!!

well, i spoke too soon

ok...i went back and attempted to adjust the latency in the settings option for Traktor Pro. i COULD HAVE SWORE the number was something like 41000 or 44000 or something like that. when i clicked on it, i got a drop down menu with one option only, 48000. i selected it, and it's straight now. did i actually fix this? or am i going crazy and it was always set to 48000?

it's back. i don't get it! it was gone for a couple of tracks...i went to this forum to post, came back and it reappreard.
    Last edited by KeizerSoze; 01-09-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: wtf?!

I've found that by putting the latency up, it helps. but every once in a while it'll come back for a track. I just mess with the latency a bit again and it seems to go away. I don't know if I'm solving the core problem, but it's a workaround fix that helps for now.

Default Problem Fixed

changing the soundcard options seem to fix this problem...muting the windows sounds was only temporary.

latency has helped out in other circumstances with noise and Traktor.

all in all, i'm in business.

thanks for your help fellas!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast