Vestax VCI100 & 100 MKII I Need your help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Vestax VCI100 & 100 MKII I Need your help!

Ok so I had a post before asking for some advice on which midi controller i should get and gave a list of moderatly price controllers (<399$) however, turns out i had a couple extra dollars laying around and I'm now deciding between 2 controllers:

Vestax VCI 100 + Audio DJ 2
    AND
    Vestax VCI 100 MKII

I`d like to know the quality of the sound card in the MKII because if i buy it i`m not planning on buying an exernal one, although if i go with the vestax VCI 100 i think ill go with the Audio dj 2 from native instruments

so could you please tell me if you own the MKII or if you`ve heard is the quality of the sound card Good Great or not worth it?

THANKS

INSTINKT

Yo Smoez, I just received my VCI-100mkii from zzounds yesterday. Soundcard sounds awesome, one note though. Reading through the manual it says that if you use the power adapter (sold separately) that it increases the output volume from 2db to 5db and also increases the headphone volume significantly.

I'm running the outputs from the VCI-100mkii soundcard main outs through my m-audio profire610 inputs, and it's PLENTY loud on my JBL LSR series monitors with sub.

Quality feels solid, just make sure when you set traktor up that your midi input and output sources are set to VCI-100mkii, otherwise the controller will basically have a midi "loop" and nothing will work, at all.

Very frustrated for the first hour or so before stumbling upon that, lol

Cheers!

iNSTiNKT

Personally, I'd go for the VCI100 and Audio2DJ. The MkII is made of plastic where the original is made of metal and built like a tank, making it extremely roadworthy. Also, the Audio2DJ is an extremely good soundcard for DJing.

Also, you can use the mappings from here for the original. That's enough reason to go with the original!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    Personally, I'd go for the VCI100 and Audio2DJ. The MkII is made of plastic where the original is made of metal and built like a tank, making it extremely roadworthy. Also, the Audio2DJ is an extremely good soundcard for DJing.

Also, you can use the mappings from here for the original. That's enough reason to go with the original!
    This. The sound quality from the mkII is very average.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

I have the Vestax VCI 100 MK2 with the power adapter and I have to say I love it! The power adapter makes a big difference in the sound output. The top is made of Aluminite which is the same material the Macbook Pro is made of. I have spin at various clubs twice a week so I need something solid that I don't have to worry about breaking and this controller is solid. Just because you drop it off a 5 story building doesn't mean it isn't well constructed. I have a friend with the VCI 100 Arcade and he said he would consider moving to the MK2 after playing with mine.

The top is not made out of aluminite. This is what aluminite is:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminite"]Aluminite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Vestax describes the top plate as 'Alumited' which is a way of saying shiny plastic. Macbook Pros are made from solid Aluminium, which is completely different.

Just wanted to clear that up.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Convert

fullenglishpint:

The top panel of the 100 MKII is made from anodised aluminium, which is the same as what is used in the MacBook Pro. It's the anodised finish that gives a smooth touch to these products.

The top panel is certaintly not made of "shiny plastic". Had you ever actually touched one, you would know this.

Just wanted to clear that up. ;-)

well I was referring to this video:

[youtube]KPm57J4K_5k[/youtube]

around 35s in Ean says it has plastic top and bottom plates. However, DigitalDJTips' review says it's metal. And no one seems to actually know what 'Alumite' is or means (http://www.finishing.com/63/19.shtml).

I've played with one, but tbh it's not that easy to tell whether it's highly treated metal or plastic. That kind of finish doesn't exactly clang when you tap it even if it is metallic.

So I dno

Tech Convert

Yeah fair enough, sorry if I came across as a bit harsh! I guess that either Ean made a mistake, or was sent a pre-production model where the top panel actually was made of plastic. Either way, it's not plastic now ;-)

I had a look at your link, and I reckon this guy is on the right track:

"At this point my suspicion has to be that 'Alumite' is a colloquial term long used in Japan, simply meaning 'anodized aluminum' ".

Or they've secretly started using a real life version of Kryptonite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast