Pretty upset right now with my new MacBook Pro.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Pretty upset right now with my new MacBook Pro.

Hey guys,

I'm pretty upset at my new MacBook Pro right now, and I felt like I had to share my animosity with the world (a.k.a. DJ TECH TOOLS). Anyway, I haven't used my [NI] Maschine since I have gotten my new Apple, and now after trying to connect it and use it - it's not working. I un-installed the software and re-installed it, followed a few of the peoples tips on NI forums and then I was like "wtf it worked fine before." so then I connected my Maschine to my old macbook pro, and it worked fine.

What the fuck. So does that mean I have shitty USB ports? Cause i'm going to go return my MacBook Pro tomorrow I guess and exchange it out. This is not cool at all.

It the MacBook Pro (new) lags sometimes, like 1 second lag or whatever when switching websites (and only websites, games etc are fine) and sometimes it lags for a second when performing minimal tasks. My old tiny cheap MacBook Pro didn't do that at all.

My old computer: 13" October 2010 MacBook Pro (base model).
    New computer: 15" i7 (the one standard at $2100).

Any suggestions / comments on what I should do / what you think?

Tech Mentor

Do other USB devices play up or is it just the maschine??

My initial thought is change usb but then it works on the old mac?? if i'd paid $2100 for a laptop i'd be pretty pissed. Make an appt with the genius bar i reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by SAFC2403 View Post
    Do other USB devices play up or is it just the maschine??

My initial thought is change usb but then it works on the old mac?? if i'd paid $2100 for a laptop i'd be pretty pissed. Make an appt with the genius bar i reckon.
    It's really weird. I mean everything else seems to work with both ports. I even tried connecting the Maschine via my external USB (powered) hub and same problem. I'm going to try (in the morning) and see if my Novation works fine with the USB ports. If the Novation doesn't work properly either i'm going to just return my MacBook Pro and pick up another one.

things to check
    1) updates
    2) maybe you forgot to change the latency?
    3) are you using the soundcard? or your laptops?
    4) human error (i doubt this one is it)
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

5) Pay apple more money
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    5) Pay apple more money
    this would have been on a list too. just not the 'things to check' list i posted

but lets help this guy and not make it a mac v pc thread please (directed at everyone)
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

When you say the Maschine doesn't work what exactly is it doing/not doing? Does the software work? Do you get anything at all on the Maschine screens? Have you tried a different cable?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

When you say the Maschine doesn't work what exactly is it doing/not doing? Does the software work? Do you get anything at all on the Maschine screens? Have you tried a different cable?
    Sorry i'll go into detail right now. When I connect it, the entire maschine lights up like its supposed to upon start up. After that though nothing shows up on the screens and the lights do not come on. The software works fine. And when the software is off Maschine usually displays on the left screen "Maschine" and on the right "To use as a MIDI Controller press shift + whatever" and those two things are not being displayed at all. I have tried 5 different cables, it worked completely fine on my old MacBook pro though. Everything worked like it was supposed to.

bad usb port....go switch the mac out for another one. the loadtimes on the browser i think has to do with the video card, just wait a couple of update and it will be running smoothly.

I love the fact that you can take your mac to a the apple and get face to face tech support and they will swap stuff out right at the store. For that I have no problem paying extra to have a working mac.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Go into Profiler and find out which USB port shares the iSight camera and use the other one for the most intensive hardware.
    Might help as the iSight camera is a wanker.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast