Question about connecting 1200s to Kontrol S4

Default Question about connecting 1200s to Kontrol S4

Basically my plan is to upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 when it comes out and then to use my old trusty 1200s that have just been gathering dust (of course on the decksavers) through the S4 and then using the S4 as a mixer with great effect controls. I would use the Jog Wheels to modulate/modify the effects and the 1200s to control the decks. My main motivation is that the S4 Jog Wheels, although great, are simply too small for any legitimate scratching that would come from me being that my hands are monstrous and the S4's jog wheels are both the size of a tiny pancake. So my only question is...how on earth am I going to make this work? Like, actually, it sounds great to me right now, but honestly I've sat here thinking about how to make it work, and I don't know if it's my sleep deprived state, stupidity or this idea's impossibility that's keeping me from thinking this one through. Any tips or ideas would reaaaalllly be appreciated.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

plug in the 1200s to the s4 inputs > set them to phono > set deck to live input/timecode(with tsp2) > calibrate if using timecode > wiki wiki

Well that was simple...And I'll still have full control over the S4 as a controller as if the Tables weren't plugged in?
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Quote Originally Posted by Yep. View Post
    Well that was simple...And I'll still have full control over the S4 as a controller as if the Tables weren't plugged in?
    sounds similar to my setup (aside form the fact I'm using a VCI100 as a 'mixer') and everything on thre controller works 'as is' - only thing on mine is don't touch the platters - Traktor gets very confused if it gets input from a platter and timecode at the same time ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

You can hit that little button that turns the jog wheels into a giant knob. It will let you use it as a master control to effects or whatever you chose to map it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    sounds similar to my setup (aside form the fact I'm using a VCI100 as a 'mixer') and everything on thre controller works 'as is' - only thing on mine is don't touch the platters - Traktor gets very confused if it gets input from a platter and timecode at the same time ...
    but if you had the fw upgrade and setup fader fx mode it shouldn't be a problem

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    You can hit that little button that turns the jog wheels into a giant knob. It will let you use it as a master control to effects or whatever you chose to map it to.
    After you set it to control FX dry/wet in preferences.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Hey man I'm trying to get a similar setup going, asked the question here http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26712 don't want to threadjack so if you could help me out there that'd be awesome...