Anyone experienced Linking 2 S4's yet?
    Tech Wizard

Default Anyone experienced Linking 2 S4's yet?

I was thinking about this today, one of my friends that lives up north from me also has an s4. Coming up this week there is a big event in my town that he might come down for and I wanna link these suckers together and do a show! Has anyone out there done this yet, if so, how was? I't seems like it would be so heavy! Double the S4, Double the Fun!:eek:

If anyone has seen any video's of two s4's being linked please share, it'd be greatT

| Mac Pro 13 | KS4 | MF | Trigger Finger | M-Audio 02 | TMa-1 |

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

This will help: http://www.traktorbible.com/en/kontr...ng_two_s4.aspx

I havent actually tried it though.

Tech Wizard

Thanks @karlos santos

Thanks kinda how it caught my attention in the first place! I just wanna do it! Hopefully someone out there has experienced it and could shed some light on how it feels.

If u don't mind me asking y dosent ur friend bring his ļaptop aswell and just run them thru a mixed, u could even sync them with traktors midi clock

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    If u don't mind me asking y dosent ur friend bring his ļaptop aswell and just run them thru a mixed, u could even sync them with traktors midi clock
    I think that's what he's asking. There's absolutely no benefit of connecting 2 S4's together to play a show together. If you want to do that you want to connect the Traktors so their internal midi clock is matching.

Tech Wizard

@Coldfuzion, That is exactly what I was meaning. I mean I figured it was implied that it would be synced through midi clock and such. I guess no one has tried it yet. I think it would be such a blast. If we end up doing it, I'll be sure to record the mix and take some video as well just so it can be seen :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by larrymcgone1 View Post
    @Coldfuzion, That is exactly what I was meaning. I mean I figured it was implied that it would be synced through midi clock and such. I guess no one has tried it yet. I think it would be such a blast. If we end up doing it, I'll be sure to record the mix and take some video as well just so it can be seen :eek:
    It has been done, of this I am sure. I am also pretty sure there was a post or two about it on the forums, i'm late for a dinner right now or i'd search for it myself and try to post the link. I suggest digging a bit right now!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    It has been done, of this I am sure. I am also pretty sure there was a post or two about it on the forums, i'm late for a dinner right now or i'd search for it myself and try to post the link. I suggest digging a bit right now!
    I will do that right now, I didn't have much time earlier. But now I'm free as a bird. Let's hope I find something