Traktor Pro Modifier Viewer - displays all modifier values!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Default Traktor Pro Modifier Viewer Version 1 - displays all modifier values!

You're playing a lot around with finding the optimal Traktor Pro Key-& Midi Layout? Then you might want to know to know the value of the new shiny modifiers. This tiny app will show them in Traktor's title bar for you:

DOWNLOAD: Traktor Modifier Viewer Version 1

(currently confirmed to work on XP SP2,SP3)

Features:
    • It can start Traktor Pro if it's not open yet <-not working properly so deactivated
    • When Traktor Pro is closed, it will automatically close too
    • Detects Traktor-Pro version <-works only with Traktor Pro 1.02 so far
    • Nearly invisible, you can only see it in the task manager to kill it, if you smell problems

Known Issues:
    • If you start it after Traktor Pro has been open for a while it may not work (all values show 0, even after changing modifiers). That's because the offset I got for the start-adress isn't the best. It seems to always point to the right location in memory though after starting Traktor. If you can help me find the right offsets, feel free to contact me
    • The tool can't start Traktor Pro yet because for some reasons that results in totally different offsets

Changelog:
    Version 1:
    initial release

Ideas:
    The next step would be including it in the interface. The Traktor Scratch Pro logo could suffer under it, but it's pretty much the only place not taken. I could even imagine a stylish display for the ean mode, where you see which modes are turned on currently
    Last edited by Afterhour Ali; 01-13-2009 at 11:37 AM.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Nice work dude, not something i would personally use but i can imagine there would be people who would !

I can see how that would be very helpful. Personally I've got most of my modifiers working with LED outputs so I manage just fine. Also I'm on a mac, and I use it fullscreen, but I think it's useful looking creation.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Nice work dude, not something i would personally use but i can imagine there would be people who would !
    geez...

After a while you get used to your stuff after practicing enough.
    It's definately something which can be used while creating or modifying Traktor-layouts as finding bugs can be a pain. I adjusted a button which reset all Modifiers so far, which sometimes led to strange results. That will become obsolete.

Problems arise when it comes to complex layouts and you're not a fan of Bome's because sometimes you need one modifier having different values, LEDs aren't enough then. It is just thought as a simple tool helping to debug Traktor-Layouts.

The last step of making it automatically detect the memory location will be a pain in the arse but I already posted on programming boards how to determine it. Maybe someone comes up with a good way.

EDIT: OOPS...double post 5AM here and I think I wasted my time...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I would definitely use this :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

On second thought, I could really, reaally use that.

I looked into the problem.

Either the variables are loaded in one of the executables module, then that would be fixed-> Just need to know where the modules are which isn't an issue

But it's more likely that it's in the variable part of RAM, which would mean I have to find out which hierarchy it follows. I have no clue about debugging it and Traktor is protected via Thermida, an executable cryptor.

I'll post to the NI-forums learning how to crack won't do me any good as I'll work the next years on a Mainframe-system, not Windows, and after that...well coding is just the starting point of a career, there are higher goals to be aimed for.

Well forget that last post. I couldn't withstand and took the day to find out how to get the adress. I was semi-successfully. It will work with Traktor Pro 1.2 ONLY!
    Would be nice if someone would test it.
    Had to cut out the feature to start Traktor from within the tool, but I'm working on that one too.

How to use it?:
    Start Traktor Pro, then start TraktorModifierViewer.exe. Press some buttons and see the title-bar to see if the modifier changing works.

Download:
    http://www.tomthong.de/files/Traktor...rViewer_v1.zip

Important Note:
    There won't be harm to your PC, if it doesn't work, all Modifiers in the title of Traktor just stay zero.
    It is in early alpha-stage though as the adress I figured out doesn't work 100% of the time.

If you have a clue with this memory stuff, send me a PM.

maybe it got overseen , I really need some feedback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast