CDJ 800 as a Traktor controller?

Default CDJ 800 as a Traktor controller?

I've been searching for any guides on how to get the internal midi messages inside the pioneer cdj 800's, but didn't find any.
    A lot of people have an old cdj 800 or 1000 laying around. Traktor scratch duo2 would be one of the options, but costs like €1000,-

I wonder if it's possible to open up an old cdj 800, disable the cd player, get all the wires reconnected to go to a new midi or usb output.
    Essential functionality would be, scratch, pitch-bend, pitch, pitch range select, play, cue, loop in and out.

From what I've read the technique inside the old cdj's is the same as any other controller on the market. E.g. the S4, vci 300's and others.

touching the platter should give a 'note on' message.

Additional material would be used to connect the cdj to a pc. preferably directly via midi.

If my guess is right, the cdj's allready work with internal midi messages that would be relatively easy to translate to messages that work with Traktor.

My fear is, I've searched and find no evidence of people even attempting this project.

I hope one of you can give me some advise on this.

didn't they invent time code cd's for this?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by eataskdotcom View Post
    didn't they invent time code cd's for this?
    ditto
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by georgiedekker View Post
    Traktor scratch duo2 would be one of the options, but costs like €1000
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...sbar&page=2136

TSD2 will cost 349€, pro 599€.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

theres no way to use a cdj-800 to control traktor other than timecode. You could pick up a second hand TSD right now for under £200, then all you'll need to do is buy a serial for tsd2 or tsp2