mac battery calibration

Default mac battery calibration

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...en/mh2339.html

To calibrate the battery:
    1. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter and fully charge the MacBook or MacBook Pro battery until the light on the MagSafe connector changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
    2. Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer. You may use your computer during this time as long as the power adapter is plugged in.
    3. Disconnect the power adapter with the computer on and start using it with battery power. When the battery's charge gets low, you’ll see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.
    4. Continue to keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep. Save your work and close all applications when the battery's charge gets low and before the computer goes to sleep.
    5. Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.
    6. Reconnect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged. You may use your computer during this time.

Repeat the calibration process every two months or so to keep the battery fully functioning. If you use your MacBook or MacBook Pro infrequently, it’s best to recalibrate the battery at least once a month.
    Last edited by theory28; 03-20-2011 at 11:32 PM.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

[ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

thank you. updated op*
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

One thing i do with most Lion batteries i own, is do a full discharge as listed. Drop it in the fridge for an hour or 2. This slows down the chemical reaction. Don't freeze it because it will be destroyed.

Then do a full recharge and BAM!

all the moisture from the fridge is gonna get inside your macbook pro and :
    1.) void the warranty
    2.) damages the internal circuit
    3.) makes you cry after all that

so no please dont try the fridge thingie unless you have some sort of air-tight container that prevents any moisture from going in
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

i think he meant just the battery on other laptops

and the idea is almost to 'overload' or 'over fill' the battery. so it sounds like a good idea, but i think once it reaches room temp it wont be good.

its like filling a balloon, cooling it so it shrinks, filling it so its 'normal' size, and then letting it get to room temp. either A) it will be bigger or B.) it will be more concentrated

Tech Mentor

yeah just the battery (wasnt aware you couldnt remove the battery from new MBP's) I've been doing the fridge thing for years, learned it from the THIS WEEK IN MEDIA podcast. Those guys deal with thousands and thousands of dollars of high end gear from cameras to power macs to mac books.

The cooling, according to them, slows the chemical reaction, allowing for better first charge memory. By the time the battery gets full charged, it has hit room temp due to

ambient air + charging heat.

Trust me, im a lawyer, you'll be aight. I do it to both my laptops, my N1 phone and camera. I have noticed differences up to half an hour by using the fridge method.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The easiest way to do this is to unplug it just before you go to bed for the night, then when you wake up plug it back in.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by ssjaken View Post
    Trust me, im a lawyer, you'll be aight.
    That's supposed to inspire confidence??

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    That's supposed to inspire confidence??

that had me tolling on the floor