Dead Computer contoller?
    Tech Wizard

Default Dead Computer contoller?

I have a old dead laptop that i was curious about if i could turn any of the insides into a cotroller.
    Ive seen stuff about using hard drives as turntables and keyboards as controllers and was curious if anybody knows what i could do with all the chips in this thing...Im dieing to make an arcade button controller.

also if anybody has a tutorial on making a controller out of a pc keyboard it would be great

Most of the controllers that are made here are used through a usb. Since your laptop will have all of its connections done internally, it would make it difficult to use.

I'm more than happy to be educated if this is not the case though.

Anyone?

Tech Wizard

I feel like ive seen a gamepad mod where it was an xbox controller and they switched the output to a usb cable...if nothing can be done with laptop a guide to a pc keyboard would be appreciated like mentioned above

Tech Wizard
    Desktop | QuadCore| 4gb | 1TB Samsung
    TSP | DDM4000 | Stanton T80s | Radius 2000s

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    I feel like ive seen a gamepad mod where it was an xbox controller and they switched the output to a usb cable...if nothing can be done with laptop a guide to a pc keyboard would be appreciated like mentioned above
    yeah I made that thread; quite a different thing from turning a dead laptop into a controller though!

my thoughts: don't bother... salvage the ram, hard disk, etc from the laptop and/or ebay the broken parts.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Gonna go with Milo on this one. Nearly none of the parts except the keyboard can be used for a controller. You would probably be better off finding an old game controller in a junk store and having at it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x