Massive tutorial?

Default Massive tutorial?

Hey just wondering if anyone has any guides to learning NI massive.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

check youtube. there are a bunch of tutorials online..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Learning how to use the synth is really not all that hard, and is something better left to picking up organically as you go along. You'd be better off asking how to make a specific sound, and starting from there.

Quote Originally Posted by TWD View Post
    Learning how to use the synth is really not all that hard, and is something better left to picking up organically as you go along. You'd be better off asking how to make a specific sound, and starting from there.
    this exactly

i use to youtube how to make specific synths from specific songs in massive and learn how to copy them...from there i learned how to do the other stuff

ctrld

try out EVERYTHING, step by step. pull apart existing patches to understand how a specific sound can be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    try out EVERYTHING, step by step. pull apart existing patches to understand how a specific sound can be achieved.
    Yep.

Massive can be especially daunting at first imo, but if you already know a bit about using synths it's really not too difficult. The most confusing part for me was figuring out how to using the envelopes and LFOs.

Like the people before have said, search Youtube for a tutorial on how to make a specific sound, you'll learn a lot. I learned how using a series (I think it was like 7 parts) on how to make a Dubstep bass. Even if Dubstep isn't your cup of tea, you can learn a lot from the tutorial.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter