what will be hot, music wise in 2011
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default what will be hot, music wise in 2011

Any ideas on what you think, or hope that will be hot in 2011 music wise, underground, mainstream, the influence of your country.

And what do you think will fade to the background?

I hope the influence of disco, funk and soul will be more upcoming as well in the edm genres.

Dupstepp will probably win more popularity.

Caribbean and latin styles will be more popular.

I think electro house will be going more to the background.

Tech Guru

I could see dubstep coming more in mainstream to an extent in 2011.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    I could see dubstep coming more in mainstream to an extent in 2011.
    definitely. This is the main genre that has converted a lot of people I know into EDM.

I hope good electro-house and indie gets a lot better and mainstream
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

the tech house mayhem will go on and dubstep will get more and more mainstream.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Dubstep is mainstream... I prefer calling what is actually good music downtempo... but the tunes that are just wobble bass cumshot compilations will burn out the whole word dubstep which is unfair to the deeper darker less obvious sub genres that are really brilliant amazing downtempo bass music.
    I guess the only thing 2011 can really offer at this point is a hyperspeed commercialization of dubstep which all the dnb artists will recoin drumstep. So now we will get the good heavy technical versions of drumpstep/dnb.

I personally would like to see a hardcore revival... like psygabbastep and turn it into a whiteman crunk raver punk scene
    Last edited by djfrogstar; 12-17-2010 at 03:26 AM.

Tech Guru

I like different genres in different situations. Dubstep when I'm drunk, house/techno etc. in the club, rap hip hop when I'm bumpin down the block in my Buick :P. Perhaps it just a matter of what people do. If the club scene instantly dies then you could imagine house music would take a big hit.

There is one aspect of the Rap/Hiphop genre I wish would die. That stupid ass, swagger dance crap. "Now to left, now to right. . . think about it. Back on time" haha

[ame="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh9pW9KJg0Z70hlxOk"]Video: Soulja Boy Doing The Cat Daddy![/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2d15yyCvTQ

edit* STOP!

[ame="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhK1zD5c2kzUGtLrK8"]Video: Dwayne Wade Starts A New Dance Called "Do The Dwade"![/ame]
    Last edited by deviantdigi; 12-17-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Acid will be reveived *ducks*
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    I like different genres in different situations. Dubstep when I'm drunk, house/techno etc. in the club, rap hip hop when I'm bumpin down the block in my Buick :P. Perhaps it just a matter of what people do. If the club scene instantly dies then you could imagine house music would take a big hit.

There is one aspect of the Rap/Hiphop genre I wish would die. That stupid ass, swagger dance crap. "Now to left, now to right. . . think about it. Back on time" haha

Video: Soulja Boy Doing The Cat Daddy!
    Is this the same style as the OTTOMAN HUMPERS?

the second video .. is that a parody or is he for real?
    Last edited by djfrogstar; 12-17-2010 at 03:32 AM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    Is this the same style as the OTTOMAN HUMPERS?

the second video .. is that a parody or is he for real?
    Thanks for the warning Frogstar, I didn't know what the ottoman humpers were. . . wow :eek:. Parody? *shrugs* Its kinda like when you see someone about to bust their ass. Instead of saying anything you sit back and watch. Youtube 50 Tyson if you haven't, you'll get a good laugh.

Tech Wizard

You know, I try to live my life and not be exposed to soulja boy, and now you've done it. I feel like this year house was very mainstream in a lot of ways, so I don't see that going away, but I feel like there will be more of a dubstep influence on it, sort of like what deadmau5 has been doing. Why? I don't know, it just feels right. There's stuff I like about dubstep, but it always feels to slow for my regular set. I feel there will be more clubby songs that have that influence (and then it will go mainstream with the Black Eyed Peas and we'll talk about the good old days).

I just feel like there will be heavy influences anyway with how big of a splash dubstep's made in the consciousness of people like us, I just don't know if the genre itself will be so big.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast