Looking for your thoughts

Default Looking for your thoughts

I may be able to pick up a set of cdj 200's for a total of $300, think i should pull the trigger? I didnt have any intentions of buying cdj's, but these would be used as decks 3 and 4 to go along with my.vinyl set up. Input please. Are they crap and should i save my dough? I have an X1 and TSP so I would only use the play button, jog wheel, and pitch fader.

really, no one has any thoughts on whether they are worth while?
    I've only used a 1000, so im not sure what the sensitivity of the jog wheel is. As long as its reasonable easy to work with, i would probably gram em, but just looking for someones input. Jay

i would skip on those cdj-200, go for atleast cdj-400 and above, under that is really low end stuff.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

The CDJ-200s are fine decks if what you want is a play button and a pitch fader.

They can't scratch.
    The effects are useless…especially if you're using time code.
    And I consider my CDJ-200s my biggest mistake of DJ purchases…but I paid $400/each. $300 for the pair is okay as long as they're in good shape as long as you want them.

They do feel like pioneers in every way except pitch bending. Use a piece of paper towel or something under the jog wheel (it pulls off) to make them feel a bit less like garbage, but they do not feel like 1000s.

So, I kind of agree with JesC except that I also think that the 400 is overpriced, worthless garbage unless they're selling for under $200/deck. But I'm weird like that. I'd sooner wait a year to afford 2000s than buy 400s ever.

cool, thanks this was exactly what i was looking for. I do want something with a solid pitch bend/jog wheel, so im going to pass on them and wait it out. Thanks for the input.

i would not suggest getting the 200s. im using the 400s with traktor pro right now and they have been great.
    http://soundcloud.com/dj_bassgod
    "The dance floor is supposed to be somewhere you can just let yourself go and just really flaunt it out, sleaze it out, filth it out, dirt it out, just get down and enjoy. What is really, really important for me is to get the dance floor sexy and to get it filthed up. “Let’s have a party.”" (Metro Mix Radio interview)