Kontrol X1 instant gratification 2 deck
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Kontrol X1 instant gratification 2 deck

Hi peeps,

Attached you'll find the templates to use in the controller editor to make the bottom 4x4 rows on a Kontrol to act as a midifighter.
    This way, you can use the Instant Gratification mapping for Deck A and B on your X1.

You'll find 2 templates, since for some reason I had to lower all midi notes by 1 to make sure they come through correctly. If anybody knows the reason, could you please tell me, I have no idea why this happens.

Anyway, attached you'll find the 1-2, which according to the editor has the right notes assignments.
    I have to use the 1-3 version, with all the midinotes lowered 1 value, to make sure the right notes are given to Traktor.

the basic knob page controls deck A, the shift knob page controls deck B.

Now I just need to figure out the magic of the instant gratification , it's right in front of me

I hope it saves some people some time to remap all the notes!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Step 1: import the template
    • download the attached zip file which contains the following files:
      - Kontrol 1-2
      - Kontrol 1-3
      Kontrol 1-2 should be the right mapping, but for some reason my X1's needed all notes to be lowered by one to give the right output.
    • Open your controller editor (the program parralel installed with the kontrol x1 drivers.
    • Remove the current template on the right and choose to import the Kontrol 1-2 template.
    • In Traktor pro, check if the midi notes are the right ones by adding a random (test)function in the controller mapping, press 'Learn' and press the midi buttons. You can check if the values correspond with the values as listed in the scheme which you'll find attached.
    • If the notes differ by 1, redo steps 2 and 3 and import the Kontrol 1-3 template.

Step 2: import the Instant Gratification mapping
    • Download the Instant Gratification mapping from the DJTT site.
    • Import the IG Mapping and remove the [c] and [d] sets.
    • Make sure the in and output on te [a] and [b] mappings are either set to "all ports" or your kontrol x1 port (probably named Kontrol 1-1 in your scheme).

Step 3: Set the effects right
    If for some reason the results (selected effects) are not the same as the Instant Gratification mapping, check your order of effects. Set them exactly as screencapped in this post: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...cts#post250009

That's it! Happy mashing buttons!
    Last edited by Michielygil; 03-28-2011 at 02:56 AM.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

So this is remapping the normal KX1? Personally I'd rather see this used in MidiMode so I can keep the functionality of the normal X1 mapping, which I happen to like. Still definitely goin' to try this out! Thanks for sharing!
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

this IS for the midi mode.

This is not a mapping in itself, just a template for the controller editor so when going to midi-mode on your Kontrol X1, you will have the buttons send out the same signal as the first two banks of the midifighter.

That way, you can use the instant gratification mapping from DJ techtools for deck A and B, without any hassle.

Go to your Controller Editor and take a look at the manual to read how you can easily import the template and project it on your X1.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

how do i get it to work?

open controller editor and load the template. Then import the MF mapping.

OP, Are you sure you mean Instant Grat and not deckalized? The IG requires 4 banks mode which the X1 can't do.

I implimented this a while ago while I was waiting for delivery on my MF and it's good fun with the deckalized AB mapping.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

ok got it working i think. with the second one loaded i have the bottom 3x4 grid working but not the top

what effects are supposed to be loaded?

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    open controller editor and load the template. Then import the MF mapping.

OP, Are you sure you mean Instant Grat and not deckalized? The IG requires 4 banks mode which the X1 can't do.

I implimented this a while ago while I was waiting for delivery on my MF and it's good fun with the deckalized AB mapping.
    i cant get it to work right. it will work then get all screwy. shift doesnt work right it seems. i can get one deck to work then one wont work

deck b kind of works but echo freeze doesn't at all (deck b seems to be no shift)

then deck a doesnt work because the FX units dont get turned on for a deck. then if you hit shift afterwards nothing works

strangely before deck a was working under shift off which now deck b does
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 03-25-2011 at 01:39 PM.

ok with both files loaded int controller editor in order on the list everything works except echo freeze on deck a. Any ideas? I would love to fix this, I would rather use my x1 than get a midi fighter and I only need 2 decks unless I wanted to use two X1s and rig them both to work on 4

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The last button of the 2nd row (basic layer) points to Ch1 instead of Ch3. That should fix your problem.

Hmm, sorry for that error. I've quickly switched to the 1-3 template, since my X-1 needed that 1 note shifted to give the right results.

@fullenglishpint: I've taken the grid layout that fatlimey has posted and figured that if I match these notes in the editor, I can just use the IG mapping on it, since that one is using the same notes. I know it originally uses 4 banks, but then again, that's 1 bank per deck. since I only use 2 decks I can do with only 2 banks.

For some reason though, I see all the effects get chosen and the combo's going off, but not with the right effects. the beatmasher is replaced with a delay effect. Is this because I use the Traktor Pro instead of the Traktor S4 software?

Question: the second row from the bottom should be the beatmasher effect right? When I look at the mapping it says it will activate the delay. This is the original mapping from djtt. Does anybody know why?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast