I need my BPM out of Traktor?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default I need my BPM out of Traktor?!

Hi!

As i'm doing a show with a friend who is doing Visuals and lights i'm looking for other ways to get the BPM out of Traktor than the Clock function.

He uses Martin Lightjockey and there isn't a "sync to midiclock" function.

Can i (and if so: how?) get the BPM out of traktor as a midi on off, a tick or something else?

Hi,

Well you need to provide a MIDI out from your setup to your friend. Do you have a MIDI interface? What kind of controller are you using?

If you don't have a MIDI interface then that is probably where you need to start.

Tech Wizard

I'm using good ol' fashioned 1210's - the master is set to auto and it changes from deck to deck as it should.

There is midi out on the Audio 8 soundcard but i would prefer some kind of WIFI solution

does the bpm change a lot in your sets? most people just type the bpm in seperately rather than have it sync'd its usually a bit more hassle than its worth.

ctrld

most visualisation programs should have the option to read an audio input and determine BPM by themselves.

Tech Student

Default Resolution

Zster, I'm trying to work around the same problem. Have you found any good solutions?

if u just need an on/off for the beats then use the beat phase monitor - tho there's one for each deck. if you're going to feed this midi into something else then not sure why the midi clock isnt the bed solution anyway?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

Default midi clock

I think midi clock would be the best solution. I'm trying to send signal out my Traktor S4 midi output through my padkontrol midi into another window 7 laptop with LightJockey, but I can't get light jockey to read the signals incoming. LightJockey. I've set up the MTC device as the padKontrol 1 Midi in, but when I try to log the midi timecode it doesn't register anything. I'm relatively new to using midi so I might be overlooking something.

Quote Originally Posted by 2BaysDJs View Post
    I think midi clock would be the best solution. I'm trying to send signal out my Traktor S4 midi output through my padkontrol midi into another window 7 laptop with LightJockey, but I can't get light jockey to read the signals incoming. LightJockey. I've set up the MTC device as the padKontrol 1 Midi in, but when I try to log the midi timecode it doesn't register anything. I'm relatively new to using midi so I might be overlooking something.
    you're sending traktors midi out to your padkontrol which has a "THRU" actual midi port on the back which you have connected to the "IN" of another laptop?

i havent any clue about the padkontrol - but if it has a real midi "THRU" port which will route the midi you are sending it (via usb or midi "IN"?) then a midi cable from that "THRU" to the "IN" of the 2nd laptop should work in theory.

you're using a "midi 2 usb" adapter thing on the 2nd laptop to get the real midi input into it? what happens if you try sending other midi data from traktor (like a beatphase monitor) to the padkontrol?

have you tried running something like midi-ox on that 2nd laptop to see if it sees any data? too many variables atm to know who the culprit is...

i presume when you mentioned S4 that's only in reference to the traktor version you are using - as the S4 controller wouldn't come into play here afaics.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

a quick look at the spec says the padkontrol only has a midi in port and out port - so no thru port.

back in the day when real midi ports were more common i remember a couple of my synths being able to use their out's as thru's but i presume you'd need to configure that somewhere?

an out just xmits any data generated by that instrument, while a thru routes any data that came in back out again so you can daisy chain a whole bunch together without needing midi thru boxes.

edit: you could probably use a virtual midi device on each laptop and then use a midi to ip app to transmit, but as they're going to be close together anyway why not just buy two cheap usb-to-midi adapters from ebay for a few quid each and then just use a midi cable direct between them? i.e: take the padkontrol out of the equation...
    Last edited by zestoi; 09-23-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast