a little help

Thread: a little help

Tech Convert

Default a little help

whats up errbody,

so i just updated to FW1.4 and got the new 3.6.4SE mapping and overlay and i was wondering after importing and messing around a bit i noticed there was no XFader O.o...um so did i just import it wrong or was this mapping just for effects and such...i would like my XFader so i can easily just cross over into my different decks and have them start playing(currently confused with doing that without a XFader)...also ive been havin problems with getting the right deck whether it be B or D to play thru my speakers, i mean i can listen(cue) to it in my headphones i just cant switch to it so itll play thru my speakers...ive prolly just routed it wrong thru my Audio2 DJ....so yeah any help would be fantastic
    *~DJ Dephr0z~*
    Satellite A505 2.13GHZ, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD
    Trakor Pro 1.2.7 / VCI-100 SE(FW 1.4) / NI Audio2 DJ / Kontrol x1 / Midi Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by DJDephr0z View Post
    so i just updated to FW1.4 and got the new 3.6.4SE mapping and overlay and i was wondering after importing and messing around a bit i noticed there was no XFader
    Do you mean in the software interface? that's just s layout thing and probably because your traktor layout is too full for your screen. Try getting rid of the status bar or the playlist shortcuts bar if you really need it, but it should work when you move it on the VCI.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDephr0z View Post
    ive been havin problems with getting the right deck whether it be B or D to play thru my speakers, i mean i can listen(cue) to it in my headphones i just cant switch to it so itll play thru my speakers...ive prolly just routed it wrong thru my Audio2 DJ....so yeah any help would be fantastic
    Can you upload a screenshot of your audio output routing settings in traktor preferences? Also, maybe one of the whole traktor window. Thanks.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You need to set it to 2 or 4 deck internal layout probably, or you can set to view the cross fader in preferences. Does the crossfader work and just isn't visible? If not that may explain why you get no sound out of one side as I don't think A2 routings would do that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Do you mean in the software interface? that's just s layout thing and probably because your traktor layout is too full for your screen. Try getting rid of the status bar or the playlist shortcuts bar if you really need it, but it should work when you move it on the VCI.
    heres the pic of my XFader...it doesnt even show up let alone let me use it

Can you upload a screenshot of your audio output routing settings in traktor preferences? Also, maybe one of the whole traktor window. Thanks.0
    and the second one is a pic of my external routing settings
    *~DJ Dephr0z~*
    Satellite A505 2.13GHZ, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD
    Trakor Pro 1.2.7 / VCI-100 SE(FW 1.4) / NI Audio2 DJ / Kontrol x1 / Midi Fighter

ah nice and easy, you're in external mixing mode. Click on internal at the top of the output routing window and all will be well.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

internal routing

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You need to set it to 2 or 4 deck internal layout
    Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    ah nice and easy, you're in external mixing mode. Click on internal at the top of the output routing window and all will be well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    internal routing
    yep
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Sometimes I don't read responses...I just respond to the question and move on lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Sometimes I don't read responses...I just respond to the question and move on lol
    +1 recognizable!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --