Jock wheel pitch

Default Jock wheel pitch

Hello can I use the pitch wheel of my VCI 100SE to lock to a specific BMP?

When I use the pitch wheel the BMP always jumps back to the original BPM. With the jockwheel it seem like if have some more slack.
    I like to know if the jock-wheel is intended to use as the same way as the pitchfader?

I already search on "Jock wheel pitch" and looked true some tutorials about mix fundamentals but didn't find what I was looking for

EMP???

jk

The jogwheel (that's probably why your search didn't work ) is intended for use as a pitch bend, rather than a pitch alteration, so it changes the BPM temporarily to bring the track into line with what you're beatmatching it to without permanently altering it.

You could probably map it to change the pitch, but that would mean you need to be very precise with your placement of it when you release. Probably better just to use the pitch fader.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    [CENTER]The jogwheel (that's probably why your search didn't work ) is intended for use as a pitch bend, rather than a pitch alteration, so it changes the BPM temporarily to bring the track into line with what you're beatmatching it to without permanently altering it.

You could probably map it to change the pitch, but that would mean you need to be very precise with your placement of it when you release. Probably better just to use the pitch fader.
    exactly what i would have suggested.

Oke thanks man, is it sensible to adjust the pitch fader to have more slack?
    Because the DJTT mapping is already well thought.

btw. What are some good start points/tutorials I already followed most of the DJTT tuts.

I'd leave it as is to be honest, but it's up to you. Just make sure you back up your settings before messing around with the mapping in case you have to revert.

Do you mean for DJing in general? Ellaskins on youtube.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Nice
    Last edited by DariusB; 03-25-2011 at 03:44 AM.