NES Controller

Thread: NES Controller

Tech Wizard

Default NES Controller

Hey Guys,

Last week a friend and I found an old broken Nintendo Entertainment System when inspiration struck. We decided to build a controller out of this old NES. Basically we decided we wanted a few knobs and a bunch of buttons to control ableton. After hours of looking through PCB specs we decided to use a Nanokontrol. We gutted the NES and now I am in the process of looking for a cheap Nanokontrol. Firstly, I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with gutting a Nanokontrol and secondly if anyone had better ideas for a PCB. Thanks DJTT, you guys are great!

You can get nanokontrols pretty cheap right now cos the G2 is coming out soonish. I picked one up brand new the other week for 25GBP
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

use a standard gamepad (used ~ 1$) and some converter software.

hacking the pcb is super easy. have a tutorial with a couple of photos on my blog (link below -> clone DIY tutorial)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by derschaich View Post
    use a standard gamepad (used ~ 1$) and some converter software.

hacking the pcb is super easy. have a tutorial with a couple of photos on my blog (link below -> clone DIY tutorial)
    Thanks guys for the input. I was actually curious as to hos many average inputs they have. I was figuring 16- 20 buttons along with a few analog inputs.