How could i do this..
    Tech Mentor

Default How could i do this..

The NI site confuses me. I have traktor pro, but im thinking of getting some turntables, im just seeing how much everything would cost. But it doesnt look like i can upgrade from traktor pro to scratch pro. Is there a way i can do this without spending 700 bucks?

Thanks
    -Ben
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Yeah, but the majority of the cost of that package is the new soundcard. You need an Audio10 to work with full functionality, and the card itself is somewhere around $500. If you do have a soundcard that can handle the decks, you can go to the scratch pro "What you already own" comparison chart here: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=2008
    And see the different packages. If you already have the soundcard that can handle the Tables, you just need to pay $79 and get control vinyl which you can find for a max of $40, or you could dish out more cash for the version made for people without Traktor Pro but have an Audio4DJ, 6, 8DJ or 10 that costs $339 and get Traktor Pro and Vinyl/CDs in the package. I'm assuming that you don't have the urge to throw money out of the window, so the $70 plus the $40 MSRP for a pair of control Vinyl is $110. If you don't have a soundcard that can take the tables you need to dish out the full price. I hope this helped.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Tech Mentor

When TSP was released you could upgrade from TP to TSP for a slight discount on the full price of TSP. It looks like for TSP2 they have got rid of this option.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Yep. View Post
    Yeah, but the majority of the cost of that package is the new soundcard. You need an Audio10 to work with full functionality, and the card itself is somewhere around $500. If you do have a soundcard that can handle the decks, you can go to the scratch pro "What you already own" comparison chart here: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=2008
    And see the different packages. If you already have the soundcard that can handle the Tables, you just need to pay $79 and get control vinyl which you can find for a max of $40, or you could dish out more cash for the version made for people without Traktor Pro but have an Audio4DJ, 6, 8DJ or 10 that costs $339 and get Traktor Pro and Vinyl/CDs in the package. I'm assuming that you don't have the urge to throw money out of the window, so the $70 plus the $40 MSRP for a pair of control Vinyl is $110. If you don't have a soundcard that can take the tables you need to dish out the full price. I hope this helped.
    Yeah i have an audio 4 dj, but with traktor pro i cant do timecode....hmmm
    Equipment------

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Yep. View Post
    If you have Traktor Pro and a soundcard, you still need to purchase the $339 option. The $79 option is only for people who have a scratch enabled version of traktor already.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyJ View Post
    Yeah i have an audio 4 dj, but with traktor pro i cant do timecode....hmmm
    Yeah, if you don't have Scratch pro or duo already you can't upgrade for just the $79, you could always try calling NI about products and see if you can get a hookup. Just make sure to ask to get transferred to the LA office and not the German one.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Tech Mentor

So i need to find a traktor scratch or scratch duo serial.
    Equipment------