Tech Mentor

Default 30 min breakbeat contollerist set(originalMaterial)

here is a 30 min promo set I just recorded s few days ago.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NKGNG45P

CD Quality 44.1 about 330 MB's

this is a mix of all my own original material done in ableton with 10 tracks mixing individual sample layers of the beats and synths from my forthcoming album '(s), I've got 2 almost done for release in the next month. Very Happy .

I use a combination of pitch shifters and grain delay for my scratch performance instrument thing, you'll hear it.

I mix 2 channels of bass kik/major drum parts with 2 channels for cymbals, congas, tablas, shakers etc..., then a channel for all my major basses, then 2 tracks for my synths samples and leads.

I have an eight channel setup for my scratch style performance tools and 2 utility channels routing different FX paths with one master send/return channel.

Rockin on a Remote SL 25 w/ a Nocturn and a stanton SCS.3D DaScratch, ultralight MKIII and a white macbook, It all fits nicely in a little rolly suitcase Very Happy

so what's up, let me know what you think, these are all my beats basically being live remixed, sorta...

Michael O'Hagan
    www.myspace.com/michaelohagan912

Tech Mentor

Definitely interested in this!

Downloading now
    obsidiance breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

Tech Mentor

nice to see a little interest, let me know what you think.

well, i'm downloading this little mix right now and i'm waiting for it eagerly to finish...

if i may make a suggestion though - maybe you could convert your next mix from .aiff to .mp3 which is much smaller, you'd have only about 40mb instead of 340mb

i'm doing that with all of my mixes (basically because i have a webhoster instead of a free upload space where i put my mixes up), if i wouldn't then i guess nobody would download them (cause they're so big) and my webhoster would've put a few extra $$ on my hosting bill (cause i'd exceed my webspace quota heavily )

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Mentor

yeah, I just kinda thought that the music producer/DJ forums would dig on higher quality.

that's right, i really like higher quality material a lot... but then i thought about me and my limited bandwidth...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass