Not your average record label!

Default The Facebook Experiment

Timing wise, it is a bad idea as I am going down south to do some training for several months, but in the meantime, we will be working on a solely Facebook based site.

The idea here is not to become a record label that turns profit, but instead a Facebook "Studio" where DJs of all sorts can either come to be recorded on our setup of both Traktor and Serato, or even just submit their recordings to our site. We are going to dry run this idea for a while and hopefully become a large facebook page where some of the most up and coming DJs will turn to in order to reach maximum exposure through social networking. There will be no selling of your work, it is just for fun and to get both our names out and to get as many people on facebook to follow us and your work. If nothing else, it will be a cool Facebook page to check out every once in a while to see what's new!

We will be seeking some of the best with no care if you're a controllerist or not. Heck, I am still one. It is going to be a project between my musical friends and I mainly just because it is something we enjoy doing and I hope we can get as many as possible to partake! There are still a few kinks, but they are slowly being fixed over time. So we are always open to ideas and help!

There is much planned for this idea, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it. Hope some of you will be interested!
    Last edited by Gryz; 03-25-2011 at 01:28 PM.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

This hardly sounds like a record label at all, and more like a DJ crew. You might want to rethink how you are selling/promoting the idea. It's going to come off as a little naive to people who have been doing it a little bit. Any DJ that doesn't have the ability to do their own sets at home, record them, and get them out over the internet (basically, what it sounds like your trying to offer DJs) probably isn't good enough to catch anyone's attention in the first place.
    If you're really just looking to link up with other local DJ's and start playing/colaborating together, all the more power to you man. That's definitely a great way to get nights going and other things of that nature. A label is very much more production oriented though, and revolves around money. That's what keeps labels going, and ultimately, gives them legitimacy in distributors eyes.

Yeah man, that is why I said a different kind of label. It is in no way shape or form a record label. There is no money involved at all. It is just a facebook based page where we can collect as many people as possible to promote ours and your work and share it with the world.

I can tell already that the majority of what we receive will be sent over the internetz to us, not actually produced here with us. That is perfectly fine by us. This is just for fun. Not meant to get into the business aspect - because there is none. The title was just a joke. This is just for shitz and gigglez.

To add to your point about DJs without the ability to record at home. You are absolutely right. If you don't have the equipment, yeah, we probably don't want you. Not just any John Doe will fly, we are looking for those interested in this social networking experiment and challenge.
    Last edited by Gryz; 03-25-2011 at 01:19 PM.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG