Diggers Anthem - Live MPC,Turntables & Loop Pedal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Diggers Anthem - Live MPC,Turntables & Loop Pedal

Hows it going dj techtools crew?

Ive been away for a bit, but here's something new for ya!
    This is the next video installment of my "On A Columbo Tip" live show material.This time around it's the live version of "Diggers Anthem".

I play & record the beats on the MPC.Theres some Controller One type stuff on the PDX3000 turntable, A DIY switch box (for muting sounds from the mpc), Looping with the RC50 and some scratching and fx too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoPylKRFlvc

Nothing is too technical on its own - I wanted it feel more like the song and didnt want to turn it into a scratch or mpc "routine". I hope you enjoy the music!

The audio was recorded all in one take with no editing . If you want to see that, theres a version of the video of from just the front angle . Change the url to =fYOjLhjkz2s if you want to see it.

thanks,

Mike.

Absolutely brilliant. Loved it!

Can't believe no-one has replied yet?

What is the drum machine you're using to change the pitch of the scratch tone?

Tech Mentor

That was amazing!

Tech Convert

Thanks guys!

Buffalo ill - Thats a yamaha su10 sampler. Most of the new midi controllers of that size are usb only and i wanted to do this (and my other live tracks) without the computer. I remembered playing with one years ago and thought it'd do the job nicely. Eventually i want to build my own controller so i can switch octaves more easily and do pitch bends and stuff.

Thats some serious skills right their very impressive dude thanks for posting
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Convert

Damn that was sick. Good job

How do you change the pitch of the scratch tone? Is the audio from the TT routed into the sampler, and then to the mixer?

Smile yesss

Seriously sickk bro. Refreshing to see a non pc related routine!
    www.facebook.com/PoppaMintOfficial for all our latest free downloads / Gig info

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Ill View Post
    How do you change the pitch of the scratch tone? Is the audio from the TT routed into the sampler, and then to the mixer?
    no its not processing the audio.the vestax pdx3000 turntable responds to midi - a higher midi note makes the platter spin faster, the low notes make it spin slowly, and you can hit any note in a 3 octave range. the problem is finding a suitable controller that is small enough to put next to the decks and has a din plug - most of the new controllers of this size are usb only.I bought the su10 on ebay i while ago cause it fits both those criteria.

thanks again everyone for liking the video!

Wicked mix, wicked.

Makes me want to drop the computer and go oldschool, again
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast