djing with soundcloud songs
    Tech Mentor

Default djing with soundcloud songs

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not but i had a question out of curiosity. Do you all ever dj with songs you've found from soundcloud that other artists/dj's have produced/mixed? or do you try and get published artists from cds, albums, beatport, etc.

i do use stuff i find on SC

but almost every time i find those tracks its through a music promo channel on youtube. then ill start following the person if they consistently make good stuff and get those tracks too

in fact, i would say half of the stuff i use in my monthly mixes is from those music promo channels. whether i got the D/L trough soundcloud or mega upload. (legal. its from the artes im/her self)
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

hmm. think most the usable stuff i've downloaded from sc are giveaways by signed artists.

Tech Mentor

that's cool, the reason i was wondering is because the other day i was browsing through SC and came across a few songs that were done by "amateur djs" and was just curious if you all ever use any unknown artists songs in your sets.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you talking about mashups original productions? I dont really play other peoples mash ups, but I'll play anybodies productions if they're good.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I love searching SC for free tunes, a lot of great stuff out there.. once you obviously get through all the crap.

Are you talking about mashups original productions? I dont really play other peoples mash ups, but I'll play anybodies productions if they're good.
    right.
    in the end YOU are the filter. you decide what sounds pro and what sounds like a 10 year old got a cracked version of frooty loops studio V 0.4 beta and went 'tee hee i can make it go kick kick kick kick snare kick hi-hat kick snare at 200 tempo points!'
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.