eks otus?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eks otus?

Default eks otus?

i just noticed this odd little... amazing thing.

anyone have it that could tell me if its worth it? id prolly be running two with a mixer. so one on each side, like turntables. i was thiinking about getting another cheap midi to control decks c&d but since each could control two i dont have to... i think. either way, any review, feedback would be awesome. and, would the two otus's and a mixer work? or is there a snag i dont know of.

Tech Wizard

Hi ranzerox,
    A friend of mine owns a "eks otus plus" ( http://eks.fi/product.php?p=products&id=64 ) and he's pretty happy with it.
    I tried it two times and the build quality seems great but i dont feel at home with the touch fader and buttons...
    The jogwheel is realy big and feels great but if you don't scratch, what's the point ?

In my point of view, the Denon DN-SC2000 is cheaper, well build and better fits my use...

My only advice would be for you to get to the store and just feel them both before making your choice.

I hope this help, good luck making your choice!
    Last edited by elka; 03-27-2011 at 04:16 AM.

the only problem is i live in texas.. i dont think i could find one of these things in a million miles. it looks awesome, but your point is good with the jog wheel.. the dnsc2000's i dont like because of how thin they are, you need a pad under them for mixer height. anyone else with advice/feedback?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Should work like a charm if you aggregate the soundcards (Mac) I know you can do it with the PC as well with ASIO4All (i think).

HTFR have them at a really good price right now too (£329) ...

2 of these and a DDM4000 would be the sh1t

The denon still requires a soundcard and you wouldnt feel like your controlling the deathstar

They are designed to control 2 decks really nicely with one unit so you wouldn't need more than 1 with your mixer (unless you're a pro who can beat match instantly rocking out on 4 turntables)

They do have 2 stereo outputs.

+ Get the raw dude, it has 2 physical pitch faders.

I run 2 otus all the time with an x-session pro in the middle and mix 4 decks internaly, the only other option to this is the s4 imo, and there is no need to aggregate the soundcards on mac or use asio4all, as the EKS asio driver is rock solid and u should have no problems using the 2 otus in internal or external mode,
    questions? ask here as i use this setup for at least 4 gigs a week
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

I didn't like anything on it other than the big jogwheel when I tried it out, but I know some people really love them. I prefer the Denon. Depends how comfortable you are with touch pads.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

I reckon the Denon sc-2000.
    Great midi controller if you're not scratching

Come on dude get the raw, it doesn't have touch pads!

Yo Pagaille21, your sig soundcloud link is broken and the mods ask us not to put them in there anyway... Can you sort it pls?

ta
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast