Could really use some help (reloop dj2 IE / Traktor Pro)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Could really use some help (reloop dj2 IE / Traktor Pro)

Hi everyone, sorry if I sound like a complete fail, but I don't consider myself too technologically capable when it comes to the backstage stuff of mixing (mappings/audio inputs-outputs/drivers/firmwares etc...)

Basically I am running a reloop digital jockey 2 interface edition with traktor pro on my macbook. Rca from the reloop goes into aux on my speakers. I decided I wanted to stream a mix on justin.tv so I downloaded soundflower to play with the inputs/outputs although I don't think I needed to. I got everything working correctly, and then decided to update traktor so now I'm running 1.2.7.

I also found updated firmwares, so I decided to install, and now my audio doesn't work. In traktor the levels move etc so the audio is playing through, but it won't play through my speakers, unless I turn up the volume on my controller, which leads me to believe its a soundcard problem?

Very annoying, and I can't seem to get help from anywhere else, so I figured I'd try here! I'm not sure what firmware or audio drivers I need as I think they were ready out of the box, so I may have tampered with them...

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated! All the best,
    -Dan

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think there might have been some problems with the new driver. Try going back to an older one and see if that helps.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

is that the audio driver? Do you know how I'd uninstall the audio drivers from my mac? I'll have a play now! Thanks for the quick reply!

Tech Convert

just realized I said something stupid. The only way I can get audio to play is by turning up the headphone volume on the controller... If the volume is all the way down, no sound plays... Has to be soundcard or something along those lines right? I have no idea with this sort of stuff... I just downloaded the traktor update again, the mappings working etc but obviously that has nothing to do with audio...

Argh I'm frustrated!

Tech Mentor

Hmm, I'm not sure what the problem is. Your RDJ has a built-in soundcard, this is the component which converts the digital signal that Traktor puts out in an analog signal (put simply). If you turn down the volume on your controller, it makes sense that you won't get any sound.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Convert

the master, gains, and faders are all the way up on the controller. It seems something is telling the headphone volume control on the controller to be the master, and no audio is coming out of the headphone out... Still haven't figured it out...

have you got your monitor output set to the master audio channel?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

How would I go about checking that? Is that similar to stereo mix on windows? It's set to the controller under audio device in the audio set up. As far as the further outputs go, I have been tampering a little with them to get set up for streaming live, but I wasn't aware it was actually doing anything. That is in soundflower if you know it? Thanks for the help.

Tech Convert

I've just tried traktor with no midi controller with audio device being the built in (core audio) and it only plays when I turn the headphone volume up again, so it looks like this is more a traktor problem then a device problem?

To be quite honest you'd really help yourself by reading the Traktor manual.

Basically what you want to do is this. Once you've selected your audio device (let's say you're using the reloop with its 4 out channel sound card), click on 'output routing' in preferences. It looks kinda like this:

1. Make sure 'internal' is selected
    2. Identify the output channels you want to use for your speakers (usually 0 and 1) and select those channels in the 'output master' menus
    3. Indentify the channels you want to use for your headphones (usually 2 and 3) and select those in the 'output monitor' menus

Then try playing tracks again. Make sure the 'mix' knob next to the master volume is set to 0% so that the headphones only play the cued track and not the master output at the same time.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast