YAY!!! First Gig. Help Needed! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

i ll probably suggest remix of all 80s and 90s song there are great depeche mode or soul diva been remixed that was on top of charts at some point.
    beatport is a great source of different types of music if you are really looking for this kind of thing
    hoped it helped

hope everything will be perfect when you gig ;-)

If they are in there mid 30's

Depeche Mode (Pre Violator Album)
    Just Cant Get Enough, Enjoy The Silence, Personal Jesus, World In My Eyes, Get the Balance Right, Behind The Wheel, I recommed to look at the Singles 81>85 & 86>98

Other music (Freestyle)

Silent Morning Johnny O
    Spring Love Stevie B
    If You Leave Me Now Jaya Feat Stevie B
    I Wonder If I Take You Home (feat. Full Force) Lisa Lisa and The Cult Jam
    Point Of No Return Expose

New Wave (Not too chessy)
    Holiday Madonna
    Dont You Forget About Me Simples Minds
    Don't You Want Me Human League
    Into The Groove Madonna
    Goodbye Horses Q Lazzarus
    It's my life Talk Talk
    The Walk The Cure
    Blue Monday New Order
    New Year's Day U2
    Sweet Dreams Eurythmics
    Planet Earth Duran Duran

Faster New Wave
    OMD - Electricity
    Berling - The Metro
    Aha - Take On Me
    Devo - Whip It (Chesse)
    Sex Berlin
    Tainted Love Soft Cell
    Suedehead Morrissey
    Nowhere Girl B Movie
    White Wedding Billy Idol

80s Disco (from Canada/Europe)
    Living On Video Trans X
    Danger Extended The Flirts
    My Forbidden Love The Tapps
    Two of Hearts Stacey Q

If you need more music let me know, I have alot of 80's music
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Since this is a business function, id stay away from remixes, breaks, or anything else that might otherwise be played at a rave. i dunno, that's just my take. I'd think more along the lines of frat party, then "party" party.

top40, 80s and 90s hits (originals), and hip-hop (clean versions)

Fuuuunk
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Funk is good too...Flashlight, Atomic Dog, Cutie Pie, The Breaks, I feel Good, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post
    Since this is a business function, id stay away from remixes, breaks, or anything else that might otherwise be played at a rave. i dunno, that's just my take. I'd think more along the lines of frat party, then "party" party.

You got it right man

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Island, Spain

Start playing anything you really would like to hear if you were in that situation, feel free, like DvlsAdvct said, to mix old and modern stuff, and look at the crowd, their answer will show you the way to swing all night long. But allways try to feel good with yourself, try to don't play tunes you don't wanna hear, 'cos this will drive you in a bad mood, and the bad mood comes out of the speakers too. Adapt your taste to the crowd, not the taste of the crowd to you. That's what i do since i started in 1986, but i've never been more than an amateur dj who helps to sell more drinks to be called again to play more music to the people that come to the club to have some drinks to...
    some dj's are called artists, others are only workers, others are workers who love his own art. Be music my friend.

I hope that anyone who reads this understand the simply things i wanna say. Sorry about my poor english...

Tech Wizard

Default Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post

This is the way should do it. I've done a couple of business parties with the same age group, you will get a lot of requests from the + group, so some disco wouldn't hurt either, maybe even a couple of mashups they get peoples attention. Wouldn't worry too much about using your VCI, if you have a DVS system that would be best, people get excited when they see turntables and vinyl.

Also if they are drinking (which they most likely will be) keep an eye on their drinks when they come up and make request. I always direct people to the side instead of in front of you, and politely move their drinks if they set them on the table.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I actually agree with the "DVS" thing. Turntables and all look a lot cooler to people who don't know what's going on, and could influence future bookings. I'd say covers of 80's songs, maybe even fade from that absolutely horrifying Hillary Duff track into the Depeche Mode original, same with that Rihanna song and Tainted Love... THat could get people excited.

But yeah, nothing too extreme unless it starts getting really asked for. I know the DJs at the corporate parties my place throws are pretty awful cause it's all pop hip-hop and they forget acoustics and just turn it up and the bass is painful. So the people who are into that stay, and the rest of us go to a different room and drink.

Granted, one time there was an 80's DJ and I think I danced all night long. Well, at least until 10 when it closed and we moved the party to a bar and proceeded to get shitfaced.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    ...Hillary Duff track into the Depeche Mode original..
    Hold your horses, you think the Riots at the Gun'N'Roses & Metallic concert was BAD, pull that one here in L.A. and see what happens!

I know what you mean by...play TOP 40 with a classics, but leave DM out of this one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast