YAY!!! First Gig. Help Needed! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

hehe... For you and me I agree, but for the majority of people who are in the corporate world, they might not even recognize it.

Or just play Depeche Mode twice. That's always a good sell
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Thanks for all your help! I think I'm going to go mainly pop for this one. The organizer wants me to have swing and other genres for the older guests. One great thing is that I'm not the only form of entertainment. There's like 7-10 other activities aside from dancing for the party guests to do. Last time they held an event like this, the organizer said that there were barely anyone on the dance floor so meh.

It's going to be a great experience just to be there and spin for other people. Although the song order shouldn't be set in stone, should I have like a playlist in my head and arrange it as I see what happens on the dance floor?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

An idea is to have little sets, 5-8 songs long, with different energy levels. So if you have people wanting to swing you can do a few swing songs that you know work well together, and then fade those into something that's more jazzy or poppy.

Although, walking in with no plan can keep you from falling back to the pre-arranged sets you had, forcing more creativity.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123