Painted vci-100 jogs and knobs/faders
    Tech Wizard

Default Painted vci-100 jogs and knobs/faders

so i painted my jogs and knobs/faders. on the jogs i used 1 coat of primer, 2 1 coat on the back side of them, and about 4-5 light coats on the front. btw, i used satin black and clear. the jogs were sort of a pain to pain. the paint liked to look like an orange peel texture. but by adding thin coats it fixed it. i then put 3 coats of clear on the jogs.

they came out looking pretty nice, and they still work perfect. i had to turn the sensitivity up just a hair.

the only thing that sucks is i lost one of my knobs sometime during the process . also you can still see a slight orange peel texture but only when the light is reflecting off of them. and it actually looks kind of cool.

i still have to scrape some of the paint that dripped down to the silver on the knobs as well.

15" MacBook Pro (HR AG, 2.4gHz Q i7, 8GB RAM, SSD + HDD) | Focusrite Saffire 6 | VCI-100 | Oxygen25 |PadKontrol | Ultrasone Pro 900's | Logic 9 | Reason 6 | Traktor LE

Looks great in the pics!
    The black with the silver kinda dresses it up, maybe like a tuxedo...

Tech Convert

that looks good! i think a line of silver sharpie across the middle of the faders would be kickin! Also you did a good paint job but those knobs look cheap in the first place :/

Tech Mentor

Looks awesome! I'm working on painting my entire faceplate and jog wheels. I was wondering what kind of paint you were using and how you applied it. Spray paint work ok, or did you sponge it on? I was just concerned with the effect it may have on the sensitivity of the platters. Still work alright? I use them for scratching and quick effects, so it's pretty imperative they're still mint. Thanks, and again, looks great!
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube