Help wit a DMC style routine!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

I'm sure I'll sound like a dick but... why did you enter a battle without knowing what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    I'm sure I'll sound like a dick but... why did you enter a battle without knowing what to do?
    QFT honestly. You're in it now so you might as well get at it, but you shouldn't be hoppin into a contest unless you know EXACTLY what you want to do. That's like entering a science fair and asking where you can score a biology textbook.

EDIT: Never mind, saw the turntables post. Look up some new scratch techniques, work on them as much as you can, make sure all your basic tricks are mastered, and be creative. Spin something you enjoy and you can only do better.

Tech Convert

My tip for the short term - do stuff that you are really comfortable with and keep it on beat - I've been to so many battles were lots of people try to juggle - it wont suddenly sound better when you get on stage.If you dont win at least people will enjoy listening.

If you want to get into battling properly then you need to practice hard. Technique is very,very important - but remember its only a means to an end, try to develop your own style and try to be original in how you apply what you do (a lot easier said than done!

Heres some routines ive used in battles:
    my 4 chords, 3 needles routine from 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MxMOmU0Gc8
    my juggle routines from 99:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or2Es...eature=related
    Last edited by Mike-L; 03-31-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Tech Wizard

Smile

Thnk u everybody it all helped =)..... im juss gnna try to be fresh and creqtive and wtch shiftee and a-trak vids haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12