New to the scene!

Default New to the scene!

So hey everyone I'm new to the DJing scene! I just ordered a Numark Mixtrack and can't wait for it to arrive. Anyways, I will be only a bedroom DJ using a desktop for almost 100% of my play. Anyways I really don't have the $$$ to buy a DJ IO or anything at the moment so I'm wondering what not having it will prevent me from doing. I basically just want to listen through my headphones, or through my monitor speakers, am I able to do this. Also, if I buy like a 10$ USB soundcard what will that help with?

Thanks and hope to hear back from you guys soon!!!!!

You want to listen through my headphones OR through my monitor speakers? Then just plug in which ever you want to use into your computers normal audio jack.

A lot of desktops have a whole bunch of outputs on them, why not have a look around the back and see what you've got? If you've got 2 you could play out of your speaker and also use headphones to cue.

I wouldn't recommend buying those super cheap £10 usb sound cards, they break within days.

Oh great! Thanks for the reply! In the case of using my headphone and my monitor speakers at the same time, how would I configure my soundcard to do so?

Do you have 2 headphone/speaker jacks on your computer? If so just plug one in each one. Then open up traktor and go to the audio routing settings (i dunno exactly where, I don't have traktor on this computer) and select your computers inbuilt sound card. It should be the only one on the list. Then play some music on traktor and try and work out through trial and error which outputs you need for your speakers to be selected as master and your headphones to be monitor.

If you're on a PC it'll be worth downloading the ASIO audio drivers and installing them and then selecting "ASIO" as your sound card in traktor. It ought to reduce latency and such.

Thanks a ton ! I appreciate the help (:

No worries bro.