New DJ
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New DJ

Tech Convert

Default New DJ

Yoo, I need some help...

Im a media student, and am good with the camera, But my real passion is music.. House music is in my soul, therefore i need to learn how to dj.

I have used very basic programs like virtualdj and have mastered it, i have no clue where to go now, What program should i be using? traktor? what controller should i get? whats good for little money? instead should i get some cd decks? if so what should i get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Safee.

Read threads, it will all become clear!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

(Short invitation to spend time finding out what matters when starting to DJ. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

do a forum search for 'new dj' or 'just starting out' or 'what controller should i buy' and you'll find enough answers to keep you reading for days
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can also go to the main blog page and hit random posts and read, read, read.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Hey man welcome to the forums!

These guys are right, just pick a post, and start reading, then move on from there. Just keep reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, and reading some more.

Tech Convert

Will do, i have looked into bits and bobs, didnt know if there was something in particular i should get etc, but ill have a read through. cheers.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    (Short invitation to spend time finding out what matters when starting to DJ. )
    Do you not think thats the reason i started this thread.

Tech Wizard

Get a set of CDJs and a mixer. Burn CDs, learn to beatmatch, and get really, really comfortable with them. This will give you a really solid feel for mixing by ear and not by sight. Then you're free to get Serato/Traktor later on.

Tech Mentor

No one can tell you what kind of controller to get. Search, read, search, read.

I started my search many many months ago on Amazon.com looking at a ton of them.. narrowed my list by "looks" and then narrowed it further by reading up on them. It'll depend on your budget more than anything.

Search, read, search, read.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast