loop rolls

Thread: loop rolls

Default loop rolls

another question from the fabulous... me...

this should be a quick one: when i use a loop roll, for building up or something (i.e. from 1/2 - 1/4 - 1/6 - etc. to 1/32) but its in the same song, when i release it it sounds lame cause it just plays a small count before the breakdown. i doubt anyone can understand that.

so better: serato has the feature where once you stop the loop it returns you to the spot on the track where you wouldve been without a loop. anything similar i can try in traktor? besides beatmasher? since all my fx spots are filled

beat mashers the only one to do it from my knowledge. Just doing manual loops and then cutting them will not give you what you want

however you could use a manual loop and then set a cue put when u want it to drop

sounds complicated lol. ill try it though, thank you

Tech Mentor

Its no that much of a pain if you have a few buttons setup for it as a the instant gratification mapping

Setting the cue point at the end of a build up works, so you loop roll then hit cue at the point where your bass drops or whatever....listen doesn't know you just cut out x amount of bars or what not, sorted.

Loop rolls sound dud anyway....so old fashioned imo. (I still do them when messing about indoors but otherwise I am not a fan)
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If by playing a small count before the breakdown you mean it's coming in just slightly off beat try turing quantize off.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Using beatmasher will do. Pretty easy when you assign a knob to the length of the beatmasher.

If you want a bigger effect, try working with a cue point right after a big release. Do your looprol and then go to the big explosion cue point for added dramatic effect.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Instant. Doubles.

Tech Mentor

You copy the track over to the other deck and slam the cross fader across when you finish the beat roll
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

to get a loop roll style FX on traktor you would have to make a button to work as the beatmasher + drop a hotcue at the same time. So when you release the button it plays from that hot cue. with a little mapping knowledge and some time you can do it.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |