buying an s4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: buying an s4

dont want to create a new tread to ask this question,
    but does anyone know,
    if the S4 will ever be for sale without the software ?

as before the S4 package was unique as it had unique software as a selling point.
    now with all traktor pro users wether there new users or upgrading users they will have traktor 2 software already. the reason im asking this question is, I for one would love to be able to buy another S4 at a bit cheaper if i ever had an accident like beer spillage or a drop etc. what does anyone else think ?
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    but does anyone know,

as before the S4 package was unique as it had unique software as a selling point.
    now with all traktor pro users wether there new users or upgrading users they will have traktor 2 software already. the reason im asking this question is, I for one would love to be able to buy another S4 at a bit cheaper if i ever had an accident like beer spillage or a drop etc. what does anyone else think ?
    I doubt it, but since it comes with a full TP2 licence you'll probably be able to sell that on if you already have one.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That's an interesting question. My gut says no, it will always come as the complete package. If you already own T2 then you're free to sell that license, but the software that comes with the S4 may very well be tied to the controller so they'll have to stay together. That's just a guess though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I don't think it will be tied to the controller. Obviously this is a guess, but I reckon once the S4 starts shipping with a full version of TP2 you'll be able to sell that like any other, with the activation code etc. It would make sense, because there are sure to be some people who already own TP2 or TSP2 but want to upgrade their controller to an S4.

EDIT: Of course that's only really relevant for TSP2, since if you already owned TP2 it wouldn't make a difference which of the 2 licences you wanted to sell.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    but does anyone know,

damn that is a really really good question, srsly like best question of the week lol. I hope they will sell the S4 as a standalone at some point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12