S4 vs ddj t1

Thread: S4 vs ddj t1

Tech Mentor

Default S4 vs ddj t1

So which one would u guys buy?

I'm a S4 owner but I'v been looking at selling it and perhaps getting the T1. It seems like an easier layout for the beginner.

Is there any T1 owners out there? What do u like and not like about it?

thanks

Tech Mentor

did you run a forum search? i mean, all right, your question has a tiny bit of an original angle. nevertheless, i'm positive you'd benefit from reading the various s4 vs. ddj-t1 threads.

The layout of the T1 is great! The knobs and faders do feel a bit cheap. FX are very easy to use and change between single and chained mode is flawless. The platters feel exactly like the cdj-400 very light compared to the s4's. Search strip is a great feature but you must make sure you lock it out after you playback a track because you will bump it while manipulating fx and seek into the song. Fader start on each individual track is a cool idea but is it really useful? Soundwise I have used it with the pioneer S-DJ05's and it sounds amazing!!! I think for sample manipulation using the decks as sample decks is placed more appropriately on the s4 as well as the feel of the button compared to the hard plastic of the pioneer. Personally I would lean towards the DDJ-T1 but this is only because I spin on CDJ400s currently and would be a smooth transition into an all in one controller.
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53

if you gonna go with traktor go s4 (being native instruments!)

if you gonna go with itch go for the ddj-s1 - looks like a great unit, someone on youtube dissected it and opened it up and it even looks good inside! lol and you can most probably map the ddj-S1 to traktor too
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    if you gonna go with traktor go s4 (being native instruments!)

if you gonna go with itch go for the ddj-s1 - looks like a great unit, someone on youtube dissected it and opened it up and it even looks good inside! lol and you can most probably map the ddj-S1 to traktor too
    There are two Pioneer controllers
    DDJ-T1 is designed for Traktor.
    DDJ-S1 designed for Serato itch.
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53

Quote Originally Posted by jhyphinwill View Post
    There are two Pioneer controllers
    DDJ-T1 is designed for Traktor.
    DDJ-S1 designed for Serato itch.
    duh obviously i knew that
    but you cant possibly map the ddjt1 to serato itch while you can most probably map the ddjS1 to traktor thru midi mapping

thats what i meant

plus according to A LOT of people, the ddjS1 is built a lot better than the ddjT1
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

The only difference that comes to mind right away (I haven't read up on any of this shit since it flooded our forums a little while ago) are two things:

1) Price Point - think it's worth paying extra just for the name?
    2) Size - Thing is fucking huge. And yes, that is what she said.

Ohh and keep in mind that the S4 was created by the designers of the Traktor software as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    The only difference that comes to mind right away (I haven't read up on any of this shit since it flooded our forums a little while ago) are two things:

1) Price Point - think it's worth paying extra just for the name?
    2) Size - Thing is fucking huge. And yes, that is what she said.

Ohh and keep in mind that the S4 was created by the designers of the Traktor software as well.
    This.

And having tried both of them out in a store, If they cost the same I'd still get the S4. T1 looks like a great install option or something but it's feature-poor compared to the S4.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES