Which is the best time stretching tool for Windows
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which is the best time stretching tool for Windows

Hi, I would like know if anybody knows of any good time stretching tools,appz. For Windows Xp.

I've been using Fruityloops which isn't bad and at the moment trying Melodyne Studio..

I like Fruityloops because it can tell you the BPM of a samples which is handy
    I've also used Recycle but found that it can put vocals out of time good on drumloops,basslines.

ableton

also it may help cutting the vocal into each individual word or phrase to help before time stretching to help placement and finding groove

ableton is cool.. but this is the best... and free

http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

Quote Originally Posted by darwinarmy View Post
    ableton is cool.. but this is the best... and free

http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

Yeah I seen Paul Stretch but unsure how to set the tempo to a sample for example say I have a sample at 90bpm and I want to move it to 120bpm how to you do that in Paul Stretch.

Can you type in the tempo..? Like Wavelab..?

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    ableton

also it may help cutting the vocal into each individual word or phrase to help before time stretching to help placement and finding groove
    So you mean for exmaple Fatboy slim "Funk Soul Brother Check it out now"

You would cut up each part and time Stretch that part to the tempo you want. For example

Funk - Stretched to 128bpm

Soul - Stretched to 128bpm

Brother - Stretched to 128bpm

And place them individual onto Ableton.

Default Samples that are to slow

I was wondering if theres way to Stretch slower samples for example say I sample a groove from an old Funk record and its 82bpm but I want to write a House mix or Funked up track and I need the tempo at 128bpm.. Its there way to do it without the sample sounding too fast like "Mickey Mouse"

Default Melodyne editor

I've been using Melodyne editor for loops because it can pick out the loops for you,but not all the time. and I dont think its the best tool in the world for some remixing projects.

I have found sometimes that Rx2, Rex's are not the best on some samples.Thank you for your ideas I'll give them a go.

Wavelab Seems to be a great tool aswell because you can set the tempo & bar length which is handy Looped in Red..

Default Future Music Guide out now

I've been reading ultimate time stretch masterclass, and its useless.. theres only one use for this and its not reading.. Anyway im off to the toilet now with my copy of the ultimate time stectching masterclass...

Quote Originally Posted by soloquest View Post
    So you mean for exmaple Fatboy slim "Funk Soul Brother Check it out now"

You would cut up each part and time Stretch that part to the tempo you want. For example

Funk - Stretched to 128bpm

Soul - Stretched to 128bpm

Brother - Stretched to 128bpm

And place them individual onto Ableton.
    its something you'd have to do on a per song and per slice of song basis.. altering the tempos of some of the samples may make them sit better onto parts. its just a bit of trial and error and a stuff around unfortunately. it drives me up the wall actually.. and i havent done it for a few years tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by soloquest View Post
    I was wondering if theres way to Stretch slower samples for example say I sample a groove from an old Funk record and its 82bpm but I want to write a House mix or Funked up track and I need the tempo at 128bpm.. Its there way to do it without the sample sounding too fast like "Mickey Mouse"
    ableton can do it.. stretching that far while keeping key can weaken the sound of tracks tho, kind of like compressing a wav into mp3. you start to loose detail the further you stretch. i think its the 'complex' mode of warping that will give you the best results.

here is a roundup of dj software and their time stretching algorithms if you want to have a read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast