Super Knob TSI using Loop Recorder - Page 17
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thanks guys for the idea. I didn't end up using the TSI you came up with, but it was really helpful to learn from. I've got mine set up so you hit the FX 2 button on Deck A and it turns the Loop Recorder Dry/Wet into armyofme's Whoosh, then Delete hits the Freeze.

Nice and simple, couldn't have done it without you folks paving the way.

Thanks for sharing!
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

Just got my S4 yesterday and instantly started looking for custom mappings. Is this thread dead? I've tried the mappings from the first two pages and though they are beta, they still work great

I'll have to read up on this thread before I try the newer versions!

I believe the thread is dead.

Bigbeatzz, the original guys who worked on the mapping (?) started working a mapping that's fairly similar called "Kontrol S4 Super Effects Mapping"

It can be found here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=31451&page=5

Tech Guru

It's on hold temporarily, I have been dealing with some things and haven't gotten around to working on this more. The mapping process takes some thought and is also time consuming. Lately I've been using a Midifighter mapping for my Maschine.

What functions are you guys looking for?
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Guru

Well I think the intent of the thread when we first put it up was to say "hey guys I think we're on to something here" and really weren't sure of the best way to implement it so we posted a few versions, some ideas and hoped some other folks would jump and add their flavor to the mapping. Beatzz other mapping got a huge push recently from Loop.

So I don't think the thread is dead. It's the only thread in the WORLD that has the S4 loop recorder as a super knob. Now that's dope!

.......ok maybe not the world, but you know what I mean.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    So I don't think the thread is dead. It's the only thread in the WORLD that has the S4 loop recorder as a super knob. Now that's dope!

.......ok maybe not the world, but you know what I mean.

MUHUHAHAHAHAHHA
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

It won't work for me... can you post a screenshot of your effects order in traktor? thats the issue i had with the midifighter and when i changed the order as show on here it worked. what order do you have?

Tech Guru

I'm not on my computer right now, i'll check it out and post later. if you change your effects it may affect the way your midi fighter works. It may be best if you into the mapping and change the "select effect" to the proper ones in your list. It shouldn't take long to do...maybe 15 minutes tops.

Tech Wizard

I know this mapping has been up for sometime, but I just gave it a play this morning and love it. Worked perfect for me and really adds some creativity right at your fingertips. I wasn't using the loop recorder anyway. Great add to my setup. Thanks guys.

Tech Guru

Sweet man. Glad it worked and your diggin it!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300