Super Knob TSI using Loop Recorder - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Yep. View Post
    This may or may not be a completely retarded question, but what it Army of Me's Whoosh Mapping?

Her mapping is BY FAR the best "super knob" mapping I have found or come with on my own. She nailed it.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

how do i install it?

when i import the file, my whole s4 becomes "dead" and i need to restore it later

Quote Originally Posted by faraguti View Post
    how do i install it?

when i import the file, my whole s4 becomes "dead" and i need to restore it later
    I have the same issue. When I import the tsi file the Control light flashes in traktor when I hit a button, but the Controller doesn't work until I add the S4 default config back.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

This sounds like a good mapping as I never use the loop recorder, but if people are having problems with it then I might have to give it a miss.

Tech Guru

Then give it a miss pal.

This is only a user mapping so you must "add" it not import it.
    Come on guys.

Tech Guru

Its not a bad mapping just you have to know to set your efx correctly. I kinda of like having all the efx traktor provides and by limiting myself to these its not ideal. And efx1 always has to be in chained while efx2 always has to be in advanced for this mapping to work correct?

Also, the flashing of the loop record buttons is random for me so far. The record doesn't flash at all when it is activated. Not sure if this is how it is supposed to be?

Tech Guru

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah effects have to be set chained and advanced. Like I said. I'm not an effects happy guy and don't use too many of them.

You can still use the effects how you would regularly use them and you can still use effects 3 and 4. This mapping is not completed and was posted with the intent of getting feedback on how to use it best or develop other FX super combos for a single knob. Bigbeatzz has a cool mapping he made where the Super Knob controls FX 3 and 4 and then you can still use 1 and 2 natively.

The "flashing" is set to beatphase monitor. It will only flash while a song is playing. I have to double check the record button. I may have posted the tsi before I mapped the flashing on that button.

Tech Guru

I'll post my mapping in a bit. In mine it goes like this:

Size + drywet knob = army of me whoosh - Hold to use
    undo = echo freeze - Toggle to use
    record = t3 midifighter delay - Hold to use
    Play = midifighter reverb - Hold to use

Haze on the issue you where having when you imported mine I think I may have figured it out. I loaded the midifighter Tsi to take a look at it. I bet if you load it, it will adjust your effects to the right way. Then when you load my tsi it should work.

For those that are having an issue that the default S4 mapping disappears, turn off the S4 and turn it back on. This will restore the goodness.
    Last edited by bigbeatzz; 03-30-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Guru

Talking Bigbeatzz Superknob mapping

OK...Haze and I have been working on this idea for about 2 months. Here goes, import the full .tsi because it has effects settings. I think this should work out. Read above for the mapping information. Another little feature is the deck playing will blink on the cross fader assignment of it's channel fader.

Also note, I haven't figured out a good solution to turn on the effect units on each channel. I'd love some recommendations. I had it on the assign effects buttons up top but everytime I'd turn off the crossfader it would unsync the buttons.

Feedback on how to make it better is appreciated.
    Last edited by bigbeatzz; 03-30-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Convert

some reason it won't download.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast